Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queueing For new iPad

Comments

I got my 64Gb Black Wifi in PCWorld Liffey Valley @ 9am.
    Was in and out in seconds, retina display is amazing on this thing, it's like glowing paper.

Got an iPad2 dock & Applecare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Still plenty in Harvey Norman, Swords Airside. Just got a white 64GB Wifi. Retina screen really rocks!! :D

Two questions.

1. Has it fried your crotch to toast yet?
    2. Do you notice any wifi connectivity problems / weaknesses?

Just the two issues which seem to be reported on the web?

BeeDI wrote: »
    Two questions.

There is a small section on the bottom left as you hold it with the home button on the right.
    It's not hot, more like slightly over body temp, no issues whatsoever with that or Wifi.
    Apple haterz are still gonna hate IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

BeeDI wrote: »
    Two questions.

I haven't opened it yet, in the office but will let you know this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

adox wrote: »
    You lot buying screen protectors/ipad covers as well?

I already had a sleeve for it I got a whole ago but bought a green smart cover and a screen protector too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

I haven't opened it yet, in the office but will let you know this evening.

Thanks, as I'm buying one for the missus. I would get the iPad 2 if there was either or other of those issues. She would be in a tailspin trying to sort connectivity probs, if either myself or the kids were not around:o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

Blazer wrote: »
    seriously? they only have 2 ipads?

Two 32 wifi only. None 64 Wifi only. There are quite a few of the rest of the models, I just didn't want 3G or less than 32GB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

how much is the 32gb WIfi version in Ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

jcf wrote: »
    how much is the 32gb WIfi version in Ireland ?

€579.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭jv2000

Does anybody know if there are any 64gb wifi only models left anywhere in the city centre? Am almost thinking now that it isnt worth my while heading in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

got 64gig wifi ipad in Harvey Normans (carrickmines) this morning - wont get to power it up till late tonight though:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got mine but my iPad 2 case won't fit it unfortunately. I knew it was slightly thicker but I was hoping it would fit.

Screen is fantastic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

What kinda cover was it.

Was looking to get one today but didn't manage it arnotts only have 16GB was looking for 32GB. I also have a 250 euro in all for one vouchers so that limits my choices.

HMV won't be getting them until Monday.

Anybody have any other location i can that preferably take all for one vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Kenno90 wrote: »
    What kinda cover was it.

Was looking to get one today but didn't manage it arnotts only have 16GB was looking for 32GB. I also have a 250 euro in all for one vouchers so that limits my choices.

It was just a non-brand one, but it had a fitted plastic holder for the iPad with a flip over cover that was closed with an elastic strap, something similar to a Kindle case. Loved it. Have to hunt for a new one now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 naidy123

Kenno90 wrote: »
    What kinda cover was it.

I got mine in brown Thomas at lunchtime. They had plenty of stock and I used my oneforall vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

I got mine last night shortly after midnight when the nice people in PC world opened for an hour and gave everyone in the queue a "reserved" coupon for the model they wanted. You could get it there then or collect it by 8pm tonight. Great service!!!

naidy123 wrote: »
    I got mine in brown Thomas at lunchtime. They had plenty of stock and I used my oneforall vouchers!

Thanks mate will try them tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

xabi wrote: »
    No 32GB wifi only to be had anywhere in Cork it seems, tried, PC World, Currys, CompuB and Harveys - nothing. Did i miss anyone that stocks them?

That's strange.

I got a 32GB wi fi only (black) in CompuB Cork yesterday at 5PM. I called at lunchtime and asked them to hold one for me. No problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

Anyone have any ideas of anywhere that might have the new Ipad 64gb wifi only left, either colour? Based in south dublin but am willing to drive fairly far-ish.

Ive tried all the obvious places, harveys, pcworld, compu b, all the expert stores.

Cheers

DaveM80 wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas of anywhere that might have the new Ipad 64gb wifi only left, either colour? Based in south dublin but am willing to drive fairly far-ish.

Ive tried all the obvious places, harveys, pcworld, compu b, all the expert stores.

Cheers

Have tried calling Arnotts (slightly northside but just) and someone mentioned Brown Thomas earlier.

• Advertisement

Have tried calling Arnotts (slightly northside but just) and someone mentioned Brown Thomas earlier.

cheers for the reply, theyve both sold out.

I've gone as north side as drogheda and they've sold out aswell.

cheers for the reply, theyve both sold out.

I've gone as north side as drogheda and they've sold out aswell.

Jeepers and I thought they had adequate stocks this time round. I got mine in Harvey's yesterday morning on the way to the office and they had plenty. I guess they sold out during the day. HMV didn't have any on launch day but are suppose to be selling them on Monday instead. I think most retailers will get new stock on Monday as well. At least if you don't find one this weekend, you'll Have one next week.

yeah i think HMV might be my best bet now just hope they get more than 1 in

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

yeah i think HMV might be my best bet now just hope they get more than 1 in
    You can have the one that I reserved! I'd say they'll have loads, tbh.

Dades wrote: »
    You can have the one that I reserved! I'd say they'll have loads, tbh.

cool thanks a lot, i need two as its myself and my brother getting one but that would increase our chances.

Did they actually reserve it for you cause when i rang late friday they told me they wouldn't reserve but would take my number, let me know when they're in and it's first come first served.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

just ordered the white 32 wifi version .... nicee will have it april 5...

Did you order that off the apple website. 5th of April isn't too bad, your getting what you really want at the end of the day

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

cool thanks a lot, i need two as its myself and my brother getting one but that would increase our chances.

Did they actually reserve it for you cause when i rang late friday they told me they wouldn't reserve but would take my number, let me know when they're in and it's first come first served.
    Sorry - just seeing this - you should have PM'd me!

Anyhow, hope you got sorted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Cork Wifi wrote: »

20 quid dearer than everywhere else. They should be wearing stripey vests!

Advertisement