Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arghh Eircom what a joke

Options
  • 22-03-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

What a joke, I've just gone to call my son in the UK to find i can't call out.... Why??? because without calling me to check eircom credit control decided at 1.15pm today that i've made 4 calls in 3 days to the UK and my bill will be higher than normal so they'll put a bar on it (even though calls to the UK are a regular occurance). So now i can't dial outside of my area, how stupid are they what makes it worse is i realised at 4.30pm that there was a problem and called after being passed from pillar to post i was cut off after 25mins. I called back and was told there must be a fault on the line as there was no restriction so i call the fault department and a very nice lady goes away and checks to find this barring is there after all and i need to be transferred back to customer services to get it sorted. But no it can't be sorted until credit managment open at 9am in the morning.

Hope to god theres not an emergency where i need to get hold of family in the UK because if there is i'll be cancelling my phone/broadband and emobile!!

Rant over. :mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

piperh wrote: »
    What a joke, I've just gone to call my son in the UK to find i can't call out.... Why??? because without calling me to check eircom credit control decided at 1.15pm today that i've made 4 calls in 3 days to the UK and my bill will be higher than normal so they'll put a bar on it (even though calls to the UK are a regular occurance). So now i can't dial outside of my area, how stupid are they what makes it worse is i realised at 4.30pm that there was a problem and called after being passed from pillar to post i was cut off after 25mins. I called back and was told there must be a fault on the line as there was no restriction so i call the fault department and a very nice lady goes away and checks to find this barring is there after all and i need to be transferred back to customer services to get it sorted. But no it can't be sorted until credit managment open at 9am in the morning.

Hope to god theres not an emergency where i need to get hold of family in the UK because if there is i'll be cancelling my phone/broadband and emobile!!

Rant over. :mad::mad:

Hi piperh,

That is not the usual process as fra as I am aware? Can you private message me with your telephone number or account number and I will look into the barring added on your line.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement