Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 3 Overheating

2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hobbes wrote: »
    I got mine to go warm by opening loads of apps to demo. Mainly intensive apps anyway like iPhoto, and GarageBand, iMovie, infinity blade.

By the way this post and the previous post I typed in using dictation on the iPad. It's pretty cool

Can you use the iPhone mic headset to dictate Do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Using mine here for last hour or so and no heat off it whatsoever.

Your iRadiator feature must be broken!
    You should bring it back and complain :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

So far, since the launch of the 3rd generation and since I bought one yesterday, I have read about the following problems online:

Overheating
    Colour Bleeding
    Yellow Hue that is a fault with the glue in the screen not being allowed dry properly
    The Smart Case not fitting properly
    The Smart Case sliding and knocking the ipad in and out of sleep

I could go on. Its enough to get anyone in a state of paranoia! Ive spent the last hour staring at the screen at different angles, trying to move the smart screen around to put the ipad in sleep/wake, feeling the back of the ipad after 4 hours streaming online to my ATV2.

I guess some people are having some issues somewhere along the line but jeez, it seems like hysteria out there, with people looking for something to be wrong and others seemingly piggy backing along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

adox wrote: »
    So far, since the launch of the 3rd generation and since I bought one yesterday, I have read about the following problems online:

Overheating
    Colour Bleeding
    Yellow Hue that is a fault with the glue in the screen not being allowed dry properly
    The Smart Case not fitting properly
    The Smart Case sliding and knocking the ipad in and out of sleep

I could go on. Its enough to get anyone in a state of paranoia! Ive spent the last hour staring at the screen at different angles, trying to move the smart screen around to put the ipad in sleep/wake, feeling the back of the ipad after 4 hours streaming online to my ATV2.

I guess some people are having some issues somewhere along the line but jeez, it seems like hysteria out there, with people looking for something to be wrong and others seemingly piggy backing along.

It's a big product launch, and journalists need to find things to write about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

There's no smoke without fire !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    12 degrees Fahrenheit. But his whole point is that Fahrenheit and Celsius are relative so they can't be converted into a percentage increase.

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2012/03/20/comparing-temperatures

Actually you're misquoting him. It's 18%, not 1.8%.
    No, it's 1.8. You didn't read it all.

It's 1.8 on the Kelvin scale, which is NOT 12 degrees (Celsius or farenheit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,628 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Wouldn't say it was overheating, as that would imply that freezing/crashing etc was happening...........but it certainly gets warm enough on the left side, far more than either of the previous two incarnations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

antodeco wrote: »
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    12 degrees Fahrenheit. But his whole point is that Fahrenheit and Celsius are relative so they can't be converted into a percentage increase.

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2012/03/20/comparing-temperatures

Actually you're misquoting him. It's 18%, not 1.8%.
    No, it's 1.8. You didn't read it all.

It's 1.8 on the Kelvin scale, which is NOT 12 degrees (Celsius or farenheit)
    No. It's a 1.8 percent temperature increase over the iPad 2. He just used the Kelvin scale to get that figure. Read it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

McDermotX wrote: »
    Wouldn't say it was overheating, as that would imply that freezing/crashing etc was happening...........but it certainly gets warm enough on the left side, far more than either of the previous two incarnations.

Agree with this. While it doesn't get uncomfortably warm, having had the iPad 2 the new iPad is definetly warmer for me. For everyone else saying they see no overheating, does the iPad heat up even a llittle during use? A little heat is fine, just wanna make sure mine isn't getting warmer then it should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I went today to play with one in the shop. It is slightly war but not an issue at all and not uncomfortable either.
    The extra weight is barely noticeable, and the screen is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

gzoladz wrote: »
    I went today to play with one in the shop. It is slightly war but not an issue at all and not uncomfortable either.
    The extra weight is barely noticeable, and the screen is amazing.

Mine is definitely running hot:o Thinking of throwing a few sausages on it for supper:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Mine is definitely running hot:o Thinking of throwing a few sausages on it for supper:eek:

lol - fry an egg on it, call it iFry and upload the video to youtube:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭maw

Not noticed any real overheating on mine yet. Must Put it through its paces and see what I get. Charging certainly takes a while tho so far. Charging overnight is they way to go every couple of days

Advertisement