Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid service

Options
  • 22-03-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I booked a serviceman to come look at a pump and had to pay upfront. Now i want to cancel his visit. Will my credit card still be charged ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can't say without knowing the T&Cs. Were there T&Cs attached to your booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Dont know. He didnt mention any.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dont know. He didnt mention any.

I think the only way is to ring and see what terms there is. It similar cases you get refunded once cancelled in X time in advance, or sometimes pay X% so there is no definite answer. If he said no refunds, then you should have been told this before you agreed to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

I only spoke to someone in the service dept. The actual serviceman hasnt contacted me yet so if i ring first thing in the morning they may not charge me. I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ring the service dept as they are the people who took the order, and can cancel it.

The service man won't know (or care) about the bookings, he just acts on them

• Advertisement
Advertisement