Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edging on tiled steps

• 22-03-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My sister's house has a tiled kitchen area with a few steps leading down into another room. The steps are tiled as well and have been unfortunately edged with some sort of metal strip.

The thing is, there are two kids under 5 running about and this is just lethal looking (darn - I wish I'd taken a pic). Especially given the strip wasn't end capped and wasn't finished flush (it's now covered with tape as it was razor sharp).

Does anyone know what I can do with this? I'd say the strip is probably set under the tile given the examples I've seen online. I'd rip it out and find a source of edging that was plastic or rubber ("Dural" don't seem bad), but I'd be in trouble if I started breaking up their tiles!

Maybe there's some sort of rubber edging that will stick on over the metal edge?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Leave the metal ones there. The kids will grow, Just temp silicone so corner beading onto it. Just 2 blobs at each end.

Make sure its a neutral silicone or it will cause the edging to stain.

Advertisement