Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

many on here work in the mines?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi am just wondering if anyone on here works in the mines or has much knowledge about how easy/hard it is for someone with no mining experience to get work here.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

mkano24 wrote: »
    Hi am just wondering if anyone on here works in the mines or has much knowledge about how easy/hard it is for someone with no mining experience to get work here.
    Thanks
    What visa are you on and what skills do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Firstly welcome to boards australia forum, you'll find plenty of information about jobs, visas and lifestyles here in. You just need to know where to look.

My first suggestion would be use the search tool, all things mines are a very popular subject here.
    e.g. a search for 'mines' brings up a decent amount of hits
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=mines&subforums=1&f=1121
    inc these helpful threads
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77071866
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77580442

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

You dont have to work in the mines to get good money, there are plenty of other jobs you can do. If its construction work your looking for then you should look at remote construction companys.

I for example work on a road seal crew, resealing roads around central WA. All my food is paid for and I have my own room in a hotel paid for as well.Il be back in Perth for Easter. Didnt need any relevent experiance (although I did) I get more money doing this than I would startin off in a mine. Theres other jobs there you just need to broaden ur horizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

You dont have to work in the mines to get good money, there are plenty of other jobs you can do. If its construction work your looking for then you should look at remote construction companys.

I for example work on a road seal crew, resealing roads around central WA. All my food is paid for and I have my own room in a hotel paid for as well.Il be back in Perth for Easter. Didnt need any relevent experiance (although I did) I get more money doing this than I would startin off in a mine. Theres other jobs there you just need to broaden ur horizens.

How would one go about getting such a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

How would one go about getting such a job?
    Contacts

My Neighbour was a Brickie, work was drying up so he had someone swing him a Job in WA driving Trucks I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

A HR license will give you a big advantage in the construction job hunting. I got my current job through a agency, spray seal is sessionl work , so its all go until winter. Then it pretty much stops or they ship us off up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mkano24

im 10 weeks from being a qualified panel beater and am hoping to do a welding course in september...looking to move over next febuary/march.....just looking into other jobs over there that dont require experiance and that are easy to get into. dont mind what the work is as long as the pays good....any more info would be appreciated thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Are the stories of general labouring jobs for guys and canteen work for girls hearsay?

Advertisement