Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft on TSB current account?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I want to get an overdraft on my current account, I can't find anything on the open24 site about applying for one.

Can anybody tell me how long it takes to e approved?

Cheers Murph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

PTSB don't hand out overdrafts easily these days.

Ring PTSB and discuss your circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply, have you any more info on whats usually involved?

I've been with them for about 10 years and have a half decent weekly income, that should help surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

You will have to go into the branch or give them a buzz. A couple of years ago I was asked if I wanted an overdraft, I said no because I was only 18 and didn't need one. I went in to ask for a small one a couple of months back for emergencies, I was asked if I had a job, I am a student so said no and was told that you have to be employed to be considered. I suppose it's only right, but I just find it funny they were willing to hand one over to an 18 year old, and now 3 years later, not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnfitz69

Your home branch will need to access the application. If you are a tenant u must be earning over 30k a year, and have 3 years continuous employment. Provide 2 recent payslips or a salary certificate, or P60.If you have loans or credit cards with other financial institutions, they will look for up to date statements on these, even if they show up on your credit report. Takes about 1 week to access. If you have a mortgage or a home owner you must have an income of 20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Thanks John, I have meet all the criteria you listed there and have the payslips and p60, I'll call into the branch tomorrow.

Cheers Murph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Can anyone "in the know" advise how long it takes for a PTSB personal loan application takes to be approved? I completed the particulars in my local branch last Friday 12th April, does it usually take longer than a day or two to come back with an answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

I just opened my account with Permanent TSB and asked to get an overdraft as well as I had one available with my old bank. Obviously they asked for bank statements and payslips (all provided) but if the income limit is true that is plain ridiculous? Why would I need 30k for an overdraft if I can prove I have kept my account in order with the bank statements?

is the limit from recent information? Asking everyone that applies for an overdraft and rents for 30k of income is just unimaginable. You are more likely to have money problems when you pay off your mortgage these days....I have more money available with a 700 rent than paying a 1k mortgage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

the minimum income is 20K. they should have said this when you asked for it. the lending criteria has changed since the start of the year. give them a shout.
    as for whoever asked re the loan, turnaround time is around 3-4 days. give them a shout incase they need something else from you

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

20k I can definitely understand and won't have a problem with that since I earn more. He might not have mentuioned it because we spoke about my income before already.

Advertisement