Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Good enough Eircom

Options
  • 22-03-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I moved my landline and broadband provider away from eircom because they wouldn't change my pay date or stop the annoying automated calls telling me my bill was late. Fair enough i am always late but when the bill is due 2 days before me and wife's pay day nothing much I can do.

Bill is normally due on 20th each month give or take a day and is always paid after 22nd and is always over paid to get account into credit for christmas time. The annoying automated calls did nothing but waste my time as I had always paid online and was waiting for transfer process to complete

As I have now moved from Eircom I'm owed €56.00. I was told by an eircom rep today it can take 3 weeks to get a refund of what I'm owed even though eircom wern't willing to wait 2-3 days for there money why should I have to wait 3 weeks for what i'm owed.

Just not good enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

roxybing wrote: »
    I moved my landline and broadband provider away from eircom because they wouldn't change my pay date or stop the annoying automated calls telling me my bill was late. Fair enough i am always late but when the bill is due 2 days before me and wife's pay day nothing much I can do.

Bill is normally due on 20th each month give or take a day and is always paid after 22nd and is always over paid to get account into credit for christmas time. The annoying automated calls did nothing but waste my time as I had always paid online and was waiting for transfer process to complete

As I have now moved from Eircom I'm owed €56.00. I was told by an eircom rep today it can take 3 weeks to get a refund of what I'm owed even though eircom wern't willing to wait 2-3 days for there money why should I have to wait 3 weeks for what i'm owed.

Just not good enough.

Hi roxybing,

The dates the bills are issued are depended on the area. There is a two week time-frame until the bill due date. This allows customers advanced time to pay for the bill or contact us if they need too.

As soon as the bill due date has passed and there has been no contact or payment from the customer, the account details are automatically sent to the call reminder list.

I apologise, the agents should check the bill and payment history before deciding if a call is warranted.

If you would like to DM me with your account number I can look into the status of the refund check for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roxybing

Hi Mark,

Sorry for delay but had hoped would have been sorted by now. Wishfull thinking. Wonder if i hadn't paid Eircom how many calls i woukld have recieved 3 weeks on. Please see my PM

thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi Mark,

Sorry for delay but had hoped would have been sorted by now. Wishfull thinking. Wonder if i hadn't paid Eircom how many calls i woukld have recieved 3 weeks on. Please see my PM

thanks

Indeed! One rule for big companies and one rule for joe soap.

This sort of abuse of the system should be looked at by the appropriate authorities - similarly took me a month to get a refund cheque from bord gais.

Now imagine if I had say their credit controllers home number and kept ringing that number?

Hi roxybing,

I am sorry but there is a set process for fefunding any credit after the final bill has been issued (which was done on the 26/03/12 BILL -30.70 CR)

The refund cheque will be issued within two weeks and there is no way to expidite this I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for the above reply. This is unacceptable. Eircom were not willing to wait a few days for there money. so why sould I have to wait for my money back. I got a final Bill dated 13/03/2012 whish was in credit of €56.09 and on 26/03/2012 I got my closing eircom bill whic=h is still in credit of €30.70. I wonder if my bill wasn't in credit would Eircom wait 27 days for there money. Doubtfull. (27 days ** 13 days after final bill 13/03 and 14 days after closing bill 26/03)

Hi Mark,

Under section 4 of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003, I have a right to obtain a copy, clearly explained, of any information relating to me kept on computer or in a structured manual filing system, by any person or organization, regardless of when the data was created.

Can you please advise me the contact details of who to write this request to. Appricate your help

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi roxybing,

I am sorry but there is a set process for fefunding any credit after the final bill has been issued (which was done on the 26/03/12 BILL -30.70 CR)

The refund cheque will be issued within two weeks and there is no way to expidite this I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for the above reply. This is unacceptable. Eircom were not willing to wait a few days for there money. so why sould I have to wait for my money back. I got a final Bill dated 13/03/2012 whish was in credit of €56.09 and on 26/03/2012 I got my closing eircom bill whic=h is still in credit of €30.70. I wonder if my bill wasn't in credit would Eircom wait 27 days for there money. Doubtfull. (27 days ** 13 days after final bill 13/03 and 14 days after closing bill 26/03)

Could somebody explain why it takes a supposedly high tech company so long to issue a cheque?

There is always a way - just not the will.

There is probably a 'rigid' policy on such matters just like the laptop encryption policy.

dub45 wrote: »
    Could somebody explain why it takes a supposedly high tech company so long to issue a cheque?

There is always a way - just not the will.

There is probably a 'rigid' policy on such matters just like the laptop encryption policy.

Where there a will there a way. You just gotta find the way :D

Hi Mark,

Under section 4 of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003, I have a right to obtain a copy, clearly explained, of any information relating to me kept on computer or in a structured manual filing system, by any person or organization, regardless of when the data was created.

Can you please advise me the contact details of who to write this request to. Appricate your help

Regards

Hi Mark Thanks for your PM can you please answer my above query also. Thanks

Hi Mark Thanks for your PM can you please answer my above query also. Thanks
    I need to information to confirm what details Eircom hold on me also I wants to confirm when I was informed about the 30 day cancelation period change. I don’t remember being informed about this maybe I was but cannot remember.

Hi Mark,

Can you please advise me the contact details of who to write this request to.
    Regards

Can someone from eircom please answer me in regards to the above. I,ve spent enough time on phone be told to call one department or another. Another example of eircom excellent service lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

Can someone from eircom please answer me in regards to the above. I,ve spent enough time on phone be told to call one department or another. Another example of eircom excellent service lol.
    always get the persons name when you ring and ring regcomm as well just to check where you stand , esb owed me €700 from over estimating my meter for over a year and l had since changed provider , it took me (and l mean it was me doing everything) 7 months to finally get my money back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Hi Mark,

Regards
    "talk to eircom"
    but they wont talk back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Phone line (and obviously dsl) down since Wednesday evening, fault reported first thing Thursday morning. Apparently it'll take 2-3 working days, and Good Friday doesn't count as a working day! So optimistically we'll be up and running after a week. By any standards that's terrible service.

Good Friday is not a public holiday, by the way.

Is anybody from eircom able to provide me with this info. If your not able to answer please let me know as I will have to make complaint with ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Is anybody from eircom able to provide me with this info. If your not able to answer please let me know as I will have to make complaint with ComReg.

Instead of saying the same thing over and over, would you not use a bit of cop on and do a search for "how to make a data protection application" etc? Here ye go - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+data+protection+request+ireland

Instead of saying the same thing over and over, would you not use a bit of cop on and do a search for "how to make a data protection application" etc? Here ye go - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+data+protection+request+ireland[/QUOTE]

Thanks UglyBolloxFace,

I'm well aware how to complete a Google search. I want a name and address of who the compliance manager is to send this to. Also some companies will charge a fee of not more than €6.35 for this request. So doing a simple Google search is not going to tell me this. Eircom have nothing on there website about this well nothing I can find.

As per my message "Can you please advise me the contact details of who to write this request to"

So a bit of cop on doing a google seach has nothing to do with my query

Thank you James for the requested information in PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Instead of saying the same thing over and over, would you not use a bit of cop on and do a search for "how to make a data protection application" etc? Here ye go - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+data+protection+request+ireland[/QUOTE]

Thanks UglyBolloxFace,

I'm well aware how to complete a Google search. I want a name and address of who the compliance manager is to send this to. Also some companies will charge a fee of not more than €6.35 for this request. So doing a simple Google search is not going to tell me this. Eircom have nothing on there website about this well nothing I can find.

As per my message "Can you please advise me the contact details of who to write this request to"

So a bit of cop on doing a google seach has nothing to do with my query

Sorry roxybing, my initial reply wasn't very nice and for that I apologise. I hope you get it all sorted out.

Hi Eircom I'm still waiting for a refund of money owed to me. Please follow up as from your previous messages I should have recieved it by now

Thanks

Hi Mark I just called 1901 and have been told that my refund chq hasn't even been issued yet. This is unacceptable and I request that you review this for me please and advise when I will will get the refund that is due to me. This has gone on for over a month now.

Would Eircom wait a month for me to make a payment. Doubt it. My patience is running thin on this matter.

Thanks for you help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Eircom I'm still waiting for a refund of money owed to me. Please follow up as from your previous messages I should have recieved it by now

Thanks

Hi Mark I just called 1901 and have been told that my refund chq hasn't even been issued yet. This is unacceptable and I request that you review this for me please and advise when I will will get the refund that is due to me. This has gone on for over a month now.

Would Eircom wait a month for me to make a payment. Doubt it. My patience is running thin on this matter.

Thanks for you help

Hi roxybing,

I see my colleague James is looking into your query. I will check this with him tomorrow and we will advise you further on this.

Regards,
    Ant

Thanks Ant and James

• Advertisement

Thank you Mark, Ant and James for sorting this out for me my refund cheque came today.

Thanks again.

Advertisement