Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents broadband disappearing during the day

Options
  • 22-03-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

For the last two days my parents' broadband has disappeared during the day (roughly between 9am and 7pm). They've been going around in circles with the helpdesk, where they've been told all the computers in the house must be broken :rolleyes:, the modem is broken, there's a fault on the line, and that they have no contract with eircom - despite having been using, and paying for, eircom internet since the old dial-up days.

Would anyone be able to help find out what the actual problem is?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thoie wrote: »
    For the last two days my parents' broadband has disappeared during the day (roughly between 9am and 7pm). They've been going around in circles with the helpdesk, where they've been told all the computers in the house must be broken :rolleyes:, the modem is broken, there's a fault on the line, and that they have no contract with eircom - despite having been using, and paying for, eircom internet since the old dial-up days.

With your parents' line or with support (that's appalling service they are "receiving".:mad::mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Thoie,

Sorry to hear that your parent were bounced around when trying to resolve the issue, if you would like to PM me with their telephone number I can look into the loss in speed they have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Issue seems to be resolved - thanks Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Issue seems to be resolved - thanks Mark.

Hi Thoie,

Got your PM, thanks for letting us know.

Mark

Advertisement