Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country Clean - any use?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Is anyone with them, just had a rep call to the house offering €18.33 per month for large refuse and recycling.

I'm currently with greenstar who are €30 on DD. So you can see its a big saving over a year.

Two things though, quick check about Country Clean on the auld interweb and 3 terrible reviews saying avoid - missed collections, not answering phones etc

And secondly the rep said I had to pay him up front for 2 months in advance then i would go on DD

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

CC are formerly Dunnes, so I think any bad stuff you've heard/read is likely to be about Country Clean in Cork

I've used them, and had no issues. Yes, I also had to pay the first 2 months in advance, and then by DD after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 caoimhghin72

Used Country Clean for the last 6 months due to good introductory deal. Didn't have any issues with them at all (though paid the 6 mnths in advance). Have left them now as got a better introductory deal with Greenstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Having left greenstar here in cork to go with country clean (good offer) for last 6 months for the elderly mother i have now gone back to greenstar. She started receiving stupid texts off CC about what and what-not to put in there bins and then the final straw was when they didnt collect a full recycling bin over "contamination". Rang them and told them the situation and they said theres nothing they can do, she will have to wait another 2 weeks for collection. Rang them back to cancel the service and they then said they would come and collect the recycling straight away, eh no thanks. Never had that hassle with greenstar not collecting bins and they collect recycling 3 times a month compared to 2 with country clean so ill be staying well clear off country clean in future.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Was there any contamination in the recycle bin? I suspect they wouldn't lift without good reason TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scottiemt80

I missed a payment with CC For August. It is now September and I had to ring them to find out why my bins were not being collected as I hadn't realised I missed a payment. The girl told me that I had to pay for August and September now which cost 40 odd euros. When I argued the point that I was paying for nothing as CC hadn't picked up my bins the last 2 collction dates which leaves me with a months worth of refuse she told me that they give 15 days grace and they had picked up my bins in early August because of this 15 days grace.She also said that the fact that I had put my bins out that I knew about this 15 days grace. I didn't know I had missed a payment so I just carried on as normal. Looks to me that this 15 days grace is to tie customers in to paying for that particular month. I wonder if I didn't clear my bill until October would I have to pay for September aswell. Just a little bit underhanded and sneaky if you ask me because I don't remember being told about this 15 days grace. And why 15 and not 5.Guaranteed to get in a collection then because they collect every 2 weeks. I know getting a bit of grace is always nice but keep in touch with your customers CC so they know whats going on and don't feel like they have just been shafted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 u42

CC don't appear to have enough trucks to collect glass. The bin is outside my gate for 2 days waiting for some young clown to upturn it.

Advertisement