Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Meteor-to-Meteor extended? Keep the SMS!

Options
  • 22-03-2012 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just want to advice anyone that's signed up for an 18month contract with meteor. They usually give free Meteor to Meteor talk and txt for 12 months of that, then they can start charging. Well I received an SMS from them after 12 months to say...
    Happy Anniversary! Remember that great 12 month talk & text bundle you got when you joined Meteor last year? Good news! We're giving you another 12 months FREE. Enjoy!

Great... so I don't ease off on texting or calling Meteor numbers.

A few months later I get an SMS that my bill has bounced and I'll be cut off if I don't pay. They bill is never more than €1 over the €25/mth contract and I had money in for that. I check the bill and it's €80. They've been charging for meteor txt and calls for the last couple of months. :mad: The next day the disconnect me from outbound calls.

So I call into a Meteor shop and queue for 25 mins - sorry you need to ring customer care. Try to ring 1905 but can only make calls to the credit department. Another 20mins waiting to get through. They forward me to 1905 eventually after explaining. The guy then looks over any meteor txts sent to my account and says they never sent that. I said it's still on my phone, they did. He asks for me to go into a Meteor shop and show them, and they can record it on their system. Then ring back - will take 2mins.

Queue another 25mins at the Meteor shop... explain again... he checks the text and puts it down on the system. Says it happens regularly. I ring back but credit department are closed so can't forward me to 1905!

Next day I ring credit control again (another 20mins) and they forward me to 1905. Explain it all again and they check the system, yeap note there from Meteor store. Can you unblock my phone now please and sent a corrected bill for the last couple of months? "Eh I'll have to get my supervisor to look at it... he's busy right now, he'll have a look in the next 24-48 hours"... :eek:

24 hours and still disconnected and no word back since...

So if you get an SMS to say your offer is extended... save it! The guy in the shop says they never save them on the system, and often don't apply it to the account. :mad:

</RANT>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

One of the reasons I'm not pushy to sign anything in long term. Cant understand why they put Meteor C&T's for 12 months. I mean put up the monthly bills up but give us free calls and texts for the length of the contract...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Can you post all of that into the talk to eircom forum Joe.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

There are official reps there who can save you spending your life on hold to their call centre over their own cockup.

There are persistent stories of discounts not being applied not only in Meteor but in eircom against its own promotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I don't see any Meteor discussions over there, I'm guessing it's only for eMobile.

Advertisement