Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQing fish

Options
  • 22-03-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Had the BBQ on this weekend, for the first of the year. Anyway haven't eaten meat in three days as ate too much from the BBQ.

Fried some hake(half price in Dunnes) and smell stayed lingering in the kitchen.

So My question what is the best way to cook fish on the BBQ? Recipies, suggestions tips advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Mackerel in tin foil on the bbq is amazing. Doesn't need anything else in there.

You could do Bass in tin foil on some shredded veg, ginger and a dash of soy sauce.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Google cedar plank salmon. Very tasty.

I grill fish on the BBQ often enough, season it and grill it. That's all you really need to do.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Get yourself one of these - save you scraping pieces of fish off your BBQ.
    I love a side of seatrout, seasoned and grilled lightly on the BBQ, then pour over a dressing of melted butter, lemon juice and zest, fresh thyme leaves, pepper.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Get yourself one of these - save you scraping pieces of fish off your BBQ.
    I love a side of seatrout, seasoned and grilled lightly on the BBQ, then pour over a dressing of melted butter, lemon juice and zest, fresh thyme leaves, pepper.

I concur. On the fist basket.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

livinsane wrote: »
    Mackerel in tin foil on the bbq is amazing. Doesn't need anything else in there.

You could do Bass in tin foil on some shredded veg, ginger and a dash of soy sauce.
    Cheers guys for the replies. Done the mackerel at the weekend beautiful:D

And more food for .thought with all the suggestions so thaks

• Advertisement
Advertisement