Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does your OH do that drives you mad ?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Picking my face!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Running around in her nightdress and dressing gown as soon as she comes home, then complaining, it's too cold, turning up the radiators so high, that you can fry sausages on top of them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I love him dearly, but:

He thinks he's an expert at DIY, but he's a disaster!
    When painting, he puts it on unevenly and lets the paint dribble everywhere, there are horrible wavy patterns on edges as wall paint is placed on skirting boards and vica versa. I'm a much neater painter but he always takes over as he claims I'm too slow!

He puts up shelves or makes cupboards, but they are literally pieces of board put together, no nice finishes or anything. I got stunning bookcases made years ago by a proper competent carpenter, but he still gives out about how much I paid this guy - reckons he'd have done a better job himself for free :eek:

He did up the ensuite bathroom, but the tiles are all crooked, there is coving at the ceiling but it's plastered on and you can see all the uneven lumps of plaster.

I go to other people's houses and I'm envious of how aesthetically pleasing their houses are.

But he still believes his work is excellent :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I get a bad muscle spasm in my left shoulder sometimes and a re occurring injury near my left shoulder blade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Thing is the OH does so much that drives us mad and we do so much that makes them mad but at the end of the day no one is perfect and thats what makes a great relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Jaysus Dean, doesn't sound like your 'soulmate' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Jaysus Dean, doesn't sound like your 'soulmate' :eek:
    Ah but she is, for all the little things that drives me nuts, I'm sure there's a lot that I do that drive her crazy (actually I'm sure of it)
    They're all little things in the larger scheme of things, there were a few I left out like her not knowing how to empty the bin, the bin fairies do that, and chucking me out of the bed for snoring after a few beers, jaysus you're the one awake, you go to the spare room and don't have both of us end up with a broken nights sleep.

Besides that all is good and I couldn't be happier, lotto win would be nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

This thread is why I don't do OHs. Cheap casual encounters for me please, I can cook me own dinner and don't need to be told what time to go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

My oh breathes through his mouth, cant smell, snores like a trooper and STILL wont listen to me about getting it checked, because it may be polyps!!! Grrr

Other than that he is perfect!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

He is ridiculously anal-retentively early for EVERYTHING!!! >.< Which means, I never have any time to make me look purty. :(

• Advertisement

Deank wrote: »
    Ah but she is, for all the little things that drives me nuts, I'm sure there's a lot that I do that drive her crazy (actually I'm sure of it)
    Besides that all is good and I couldn't be happier, lotto win would be nice though.

if you're so mad about her, it's just odd to see such a long list of things that drive you crazy.
    ladypip wrote: »
    My oh breathes through his mouth, cant smell, snores like a trooper and STILL wont listen to me about getting it checked, because it may be polyps!!! Grrr

Other than that he is perfect!!:D:D:D:D

Could be something like sleep apnea too. he really should get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

if you're so mad about her, it's just odd to see such a long list of things that drive you crazy.
    Nah she doesn't drive me crazy, just winds me up, she only drives me crazy, in a good / bad way ;)

Could be something like sleep apnea too. he really should get it checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

The fact he decided to break up with me through text not 10 minutes ago :(

I should drop outta the OH race now seeing as I no longer have one apparently ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I should drop outta the OH race now seeing as I no longer have one apparently ...

No way? You poor thing :(

My ex fiancee dumped me by text while I was on holidays with my mother. That was nice of him :rolleyes:

Well I reckon your a fabulous woman and he doesn't deserve you at all so F**K him xxx

Jenny, the boys of AH will go beat him up for you, give us his name and address! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Jesus Jenny thats harsh, I reakon your well rid if he could do that by text! The hairless bastar d!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Text him back this;

Durex regrets to inform you that your birth was an accident. PLEASE report to your nearest hospital to be put down. We do apologise for any inconvenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

My OH wont let me pick her nose for her. She says she is well able to do it herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

What the hell? Hes just a coward if he cant say it to your face, but onwards and upwards :)
    *hug

• Advertisement

mrs crilly wrote: »
    No way? You poor thing :(

My ex fiancee dumped me by text while I was on holidays with my mother. That was nice of him :rolleyes:

Well I reckon your a fabulous woman and he doesn't deserve you at all so F**K him xxx

Ah yea just spend the last few hours joking and messing around with good mates, ah ill get on with it :rolleyes:
    Jenny, the boys of AH will go beat him up for you, give us his name and address! :D

Haha, that would be quite interesting, won't want to know how many would turn up just so they can start a thread about it the next day :pac:
    ladypip wrote: »
    Jesus Jenny thats harsh, I reakon your well rid if he could do that by text! The hairless bastar d!

It's the cowards way out, wouldn't answer the phone and just texted me "Ill talk to you tomorrow, night" wow thanks :mad:
    Rolli wrote: »
    Text him back this;

Durex regrets to inform you that your birth was an accident. PLEASE report to your nearest hospital to be put down. We do apologise for any inconvenience.

Haha, that genuinely made me laugh. May need to bring that one up if he decides to be childish when we 'talk' :rolleyes:

booboo88 wrote: »
    What the hell? Hes just a coward if he cant say it to your face, but onwards and upwards :)
    *hug

Exactly something always better over the rainbow, sure its upsetting and damn right confusing, but life is life, just gotta buck up and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Another thing, she gives about my internet use but sees no problem with her following about twenty soaps and reality shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Breathes!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I think that I am definitely the annoying partner. I like to leave plates on the floor so she has me trained to put them in the dishwasher after I finish eating now, I refused to live in a place without a dishwasher because I'd drive her crazy by leaving everything lying around. She washes the pots because she refuses to put them into the dishwasher so I usually do a lot of the cooking to even it out. She's gone away for a few days so there are plates all over the place :D I'm a girl and I am still very capable of being messy!

- He picks the dead skin off his feet constantly. Once I came home from work and he'd peeled off so much skin there was a bloody crater left on the sole of his foot! Which I had to wash because he can't stand the sight of blood. :mad:

- Expects me to watch a million courtroom drama-type films and then falls asleep the second something I've chosen is on the screen.

- Lazes about the house while I get ready then asks "What's the hurry?" When I'm ready to go and he's still in his pyjamas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement