Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bertie Ahern statement/resignation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Clearly you know nothing about political corruption in North America. :rolleyes:

We're much closer to that in terms of modus operandi.
    The lot of them are a shower of sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I know he was corrupt and there is absolutely no moral excuse for any politician in public life, but I never really regarded him as a millionaire like Charley Haughey or even the rest of his golden circle friends.

I am of the opinion he should get a villa in Spain and just go away out of Irish public life.

I am also of the strong opinion Fiana Fail should disband and never darken Irish politics again, including the current bunch and their 50,000 party members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

Trouble is their is not much choice of another gouverment thats not a complete coroupt or muppet party.

Prey the day i get of this sick island.

****er should get his pension revoked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

44leto wrote: »
    I know he was corrupt and there is absolutely no moral excuse for any politician in public life, but I never really regarded him as a millionaire like Charley Haughey or even the rest of his golden circle friends.

I am of the opinion he should get a villa in Spain and just go away out of Irish public life.

I am also of the strong opinion Fiana Fail should disband and never darken Irish politics again, including the current bunch and their 50,000 party members.

That amount..:eek: So it is a cult..:eek:

galwayrush wrote: »
    That amount..:eek: So it is a cult..:eek:

That amount, it was the line the FF panel member kept sprouting on Primetime and V Brown. The presenter would say FF are pretty much a disgrace, "absolutely not there are 50000 members up and down the country wanting better public blah blah blah" I didn't buy the spin.

I think people would rather say they are on the sex offenders register then admit they are members of the FF party.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

mloc wrote: »
    I'd agree that there is some corruption in both parties, but not to same extent as FF. FF is simply a party of corruption.

Nah. There were just more people in FF hence more corruption in FF.

Mathematical, not ethical or cultural. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Jack_Russell

It's genetic.

Corruption is endemic in FF, always has and always ........

It's genetic.

Corruption is endemic in FF, always has and always ........

Agreed - as it is in FG (and since the 1970s, at least, in Labour. Their operatives and party foot soldiers are all from the same cultural and ethical milieu.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mrrepublic

F.F. the soldiers of destiny.
    Will now regroup, rebuild, return to power and reignite the economy, no other political party on this Island have the ability to lead us out of our current difficulties.
    People that vote for the likes of Ming Flanagan etc. are the wasters in our land that will never contribute to the State.
    It is so easy to bash and trash those that worked on our behalf. Do you know any better party than F.F. to lead?
    F.G./Lab are a joke.
    S.F. are mouth pieces with no answers.
    Look to the future Look to F.F.

mrrepublic wrote: »
    Will now regroup, rebuild, return to power and reignite the economy, no other political party on this Island have the ability to lead us out of our current difficulties.
    People that vote for the likes of Ming Flanagan etc. are the wasters in our land that will never contribute to the State.
    It is so easy to bash and trash those that worked on our behalf. Do you know any better party than F.F. to lead?
    F.G./Lab are a joke.

Yes you can never underestimate the stupidity of the Irish people.

• Advertisement

F.G./Lab are a joke.

FF lead us to where we are atm, the corrupt bastards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can we kill him yet, or do we need another day for the public to boil on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

F.G./Lab are a joke.
    :D

This guy is funny if I didn't suspect he's just either baiting, blind or just delusional.
    I'd like to think that no one is this delusional - but if mrrepublic is for real, the world just became a sadder place.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mrrepublic

F.G./Lab are a joke.

Go away.

F.G./Lab are a joke.

Scratched record much?
    Give it a rest, your fooling no one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yes the country has been shown again to be corrupt as fcuk ...did many of us over 45 ever need to wait on this ****ty tribunal to know this ? ..was it ever any other way ? Well not in my time growing up in this country but the clever ones were the ones who got out ' long before ' before any clodhopper of a politician ' requested ' them to

By the way , the ones who are fishing on here for more thanks (as usual ) are sometimes just as bad as the regular trolls .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

F.G./Lab are a joke.

Sean Gallagher could get me a photograph with the Taoiseach for a brown paper envelope. . .

F.G./Lab are a joke.

No other party could have got us into these difficulties as spectacularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Fianna Fail are like a parasite.

They need to be eradicated before they can invest the host, Ireland, again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

F.G./Lab are a joke.

Actually you make a valid point , Since Ming got IN he aint done **** and rolled over, And Mr Derek Nolan is no where to be seen. Take the wage and sit back i think.

Can we kill him yet, or do we need another day for the public to boil on it.

Who? mrrepublic or Bertie?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

Spacedog wrote: »
    Straight up cunt. He deserves to be murdered and killed to death with immediate effect.

He can hardly be killed to life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I like him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

F.G./Lab are a joke.

Dont waste your time argueing with the above mindless crap. There has always been brainwashed gobsh*tes in support of every corrupt party, dodgy cult and rotten regime around the world, Ireland is no different. Look at the clowns wailing at the deaths of the king Kim Jong of North Korea and Saddam Hussain to name but two.
    Thick clowns like Mrrepublic could be reduced to living in a tent on the side of the road due to FF corruption but would still support FF. Thats how FF held power for so long.
    It will take at least another generation to breed out this gombeen strain of virus from irish society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

No other party could have got us into these difficulties as spectacularly

We asked for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

We asked for it

I read that in the voice of one of those leather-bound submissives that loves being spanked. Oh yeah, we asked for it. Yeah, steal more from us. Oh man, that corruption feels so good when it's my tax money being wasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

nm wrote: »
    I like him
    I have just the thing for you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I read that in the voice of one of those leather-bound submissives that loves being spanked. Oh yeah, we asked for it. Yeah, steal more from us. Oh man, that corruption feels so good when it's my tax money being wasted.

Nobody gave a fook back when they thought they were rich

ps obviously not EVERYONE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I love that everyone is pretending to be outraged by this when everyone has known about it for a decade or more and continued to vote these guys in. Fintan sums it up best in the Irish Times today...."would Bertie still be elected today if the Celtic tiger were still roaring along? Given the choice between easy money and hard morality it is not obvious that the people would not, once again, suspend it's disbelief in berties laughable lies"

Of course he'd get elected. They all took the electorate for mugs, and the people were happy to let them do what they wanted as long as 'parish pump poliyics' got them their new road or sports centre

So less of the feigned shock please.....we all effectively sanctioned what they were at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Who? mrrepublic or Bertie?

Why not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

steve9859 wrote: »
    I love that everyone is pretending to be outraged by this when everyone has known about it for a decade or more and continued to vote these guys in. Fintan sums it up best in the Irish Times today...."would Bertie still be elected today if the Celtic tiger were still roaring along? Given the choice between easy money and hard morality it is not obvious that the people would not, once again, suspend it's disbelief in berties laughable lies"

Of course he'd get elected. They all took the electorate for mugs, and the people were happy to let them do what they wanted as long as 'parish pump poliyics' got them their new road or sports centre

So less of the feigned shock please.....we all effectively sanctioned what they were at!

I don't think people are acting shocked that the corruption happened: they're shocked that Bertie got away with it, more likely, and that he's still insisting on his innocence.

Also, I never sanctioned Fianna Fáil's corruption because I've never once voted for them, so don't lump us all in together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Here's more of this 'we' bullshít that if nothing else, certainly provides for entertaining reading. In the 2002 and 2007 General elections, Fianna Fáil won 41.5% and 41.6% share of the overall vote. So please feel free to apply you stupid generalisations at those relevant voters. One can only hope that you can do the simple math and realise that the vast majority of us, didn't sanction those conniving shower of fúckwits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

F.G./Lab are a joke.
    Have you taken your medication today?
    FF gave us
    P.Flynn
    B.Cooper Flynn
    Bertie
    Cowen the drunken clown
    Ray Rambo Burke
    It institutionalized corruption, it took existing low level cronyism to new levels.
    If i had my way FF would be proscribed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Here's more of this 'we' bullshít that if nothing else, certainly provides for entertaining reading. In the 2002 and 2007 General elections, Fianna Fáil won 41.5% and 41.6% share of the overall vote. So please feel free to apply you stupid generalisations at those relevant voters. One can only hope that you can do the simple math and realise that the vast majority of us, didn't sanction those conniving shower of fúckwits.

Christ.....we live in a democracy, right? And 'the people' vote in a particular government who then represent the people, including you. Hence 'the people' sanctioned berties, and various other TD's and councillor's (mostly, but not only FF, by the way) behavior (seeing as everyone knew about it). And are now moaning about it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Christ.....we live in a democracy, right? And 'the people' vote in a particular government who then represent the people, including you. Hence 'the people' sanctioned berties, and various other TD's and councillor's (mostly, but not only FF, by the way) behavior (seeing as everyone knew about it). And are now moaning about it....

Ah bollix to that! Some of us, including myself, abstained from voting. In fact when the election was under way I was busy in the cellar with gunpowder, treason and plot but then Gerry, Bertie and Enda got called away and I was left hanging....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

lividduck wrote: »
    Have you taken your medication today?
    FF gave us
    P.Flynn
    B.Cooper Flynn
    Bertie
    Cowen the drunken clown
    Ray Rambo Burke
    It institutionalized corruption, it took existing low level cronyism to new levels.
    If i had my way FF would be proscribed.

You have forgotten quite a few....CJH for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Nobody gave a fook back when they thought they were rich

ps obviously not EVERYONE

Thanks for the PS there. I went to one or two of those hearings, they were shameful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So now you are actually suggesting that people who voted against FF and Bertie were somehow endorsing him. Does it get any better?

• Advertisement

That just far too easy simplistic thinking! Its a kop-out!

For simple example if we applied your reasoning in regards how you see democracy to the North (and I use the North ONLY to illistrate how stupid the above thinking is):
    Those that DIDN'T support Sinn Fein at the height of the violence up north, were subsequently also supported them just because someone else voted for them!
    So by applying your then later methodology of how democracy works 'after the fact' - those same people that DIDN'T vote for them, are then also support violence?

South example version:
    IRA bank robbers goes into a bank, comes out with cash, kills two cops, etc...
    The organisation that might have known details of the above, was voted into seats of power by certain people - so as they too represent the people supposedly, we (including those that didn't vote for the public face of the org') are all guilty of not coming forth, telling the proper authorities of the culprits and/or we support them too?

"Aaa... sure they were elected, don't they represent us all!"

Utter stupidity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

dirtyden wrote: »
    You have forgotten quite a few....CJH for one
    And Liam Lawlor of course.
    in fact too many to name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭gimmebroadband

Nice to see a bit of honesty, I applaud you for that.

In the end it wasn't Bertie who destroyed the country, it was the people.

We all knew about these scams he was pulling long before the 2007 election yet like a bunch of lemmings, off to the polling a whole bunch of you went and placed a tick in the FF box.

A few of you would want to get off that high horse.

Would that be the same horse that 'oul bertie' won the few quid on? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i beleive bertie says that the findings are not right, that he did nothing wrong, could he have been misunderstood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

goat2 wrote: »
    i beleive bertie says that the findings are not right, that he did nothing wrong, could he have been misunderstood

Maybe. Like when he told Celia Larkin to put the bag of dollars in her bunk and she went to her bank with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I wait with baited breath to see wheter Bertie will be brought into a gaurda station for questioning over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

lividduck wrote: »
    And Liam Lawlor of course.
    in fact too many to name!
    Ah sure one has only so much time to compose a post.

Maybe. Like when he told Celia Larkin to put the bag of dollars in her bunk and she went to her bank with it.

Did they bonk in her bunk, drunk, before she went to the bank :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Sorry to say again but I really hope we will get a gaurda statement regarding a criminal investigation into this.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Sorry to say again but I really hope we will get a gaurda statement regarding a criminal investigation into this.

I wouldn't be the least bit sorry! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement