Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - utility meters

Options
  • 22-03-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

hi, first off if this is in wrong section mods change as appropriate.
    my question is im soon to move into a council house, i noticed the electric and gas meters are the type where you have to pay by card. pay as you use basically. electric one has the electrocard. is it possible to get these removed by council/other. as i wish to just have them just normal meters, billing every 2 months etc. ive never been in arrears in all my time with just the normal meters. ive never used these pay as u go meters and would rather not. what to do??? thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

ring whichever electrical provider you are choosing to go with and see what they say, I presume it would be up to them to switch you on at the main for normal electrical supply, and it would be the same with the gas

Advertisement