Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Clan Name Poll

Options
  • 22-03-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

following on from Arrawins thread. this Poll dosnt mean anything. it is just to guage interest in the idea.
    i also included the forum question.

Clan Name change and or forum change 28 votes

Keep Boards.ie as clan name and stay on boards forum
    0% 0 votes
    Change Clan name and stay on boards forum
    53% 15 votes
    Keep Boards.ie as clan name and move to old forum
    32% 9 votes
    Change Clan name and move to old forum
    14% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Voted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I vote for change name to Tits In Tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

BigEejit wrote: »
    I vote for change name to Tits In Tanks

What would our clan logo look like?..got any pixs? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Arrawin

Vote for the bottom one...... U just don't want to be called a sheet of ply !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Anyone link to old forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

what's the old forum? why would we want to go there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Arrawin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

what's the old forum? why would we want to go there?
    Main reason(s) qouted are more power over the forum to create new sub forums; downsides are painfull registration approval process (for admin), very limited access levels and general stability issues (the forum went down several times when we used it).

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

quite surprised its this close so far tbh.
    14 vs 14 to change Clan name.

looks like we are for staying in boards forum with an 18 stay and 10 to move, but there are a lot of votes to come in yet, so who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    quite surprised its this close so far tbh.
    14 vs 14 to change Clan name.

looks like we are for staying in boards forum with an 18 stay and 10 to move, but there are a lot of votes to come in yet, so who knows

I don't think that you'll be getting much more votes because lot of people not active on forums.

• Advertisement

cro_bully wrote: »
    I don't think that you'll be getting much more votes because lot of people not active on forums.

Thats my next poll. Vote yes/no if you wish to stay in the clan.. :). that should get a higher turnout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't think the name change matters that much, for the vast majority of people it'll only ever appear as the abbreviated initials which aren't very memorable either way.

Spear wrote: »
    I don't think the name change matters that much, for the vast majority of people it'll only ever appear as the abbreviated initials which aren't very memorable either way.

Oh i forgot to state that boards mods are banned from voting :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

That's ok, we can edit any vote to add as many votes we want :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

But I'm not a mod in here...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

stay on the stable option. If the other site isn't staying up then it's a non-runner IMO.

maybe on this forum to help with identifying thread types you could start with

tactics:
    BattleReport:

etc. etc.

Just an idea if the lack of creating sub-forums is starting to get to you.

EDIT: and if people are in the clan but not here then boot some people up the ar$e. less than 2 minutes to register. GAAAWWWD!

BIE.Ryaner wrote: »
    stay on the stable option. If the other site isn't staying up then it's a non-runner IMO.

maybe on this forum to help with identifying thread types you could start with

tactics:
    BattleReport:

etc. etc.

Just an idea if the lack of creating sub-forums is starting to get to you.

EDIT: and if people are in the clan but not here then boot some people up the ar$e. less than 2 minutes to register. GAAAWWWD!

Thats seem to be the way the majority feel.
    23 in favour of staying on boards forum vs 12 for the move.
    the change Clan name is very close with 18 for a change and 17 to keep boards.ie as our clan name.

35 votes in out of 90 members though just shows how many bother to read the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

35 votes in out of 90 members though just shows how many bother to read the forum.

I can't get too pious, I was afk for the last while, but just for general comments sake:

:)

the-simpsons-bart-vs-australia_422_22335.jpg

Advertisement