Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking control of your fertility

Options
  • 22-03-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Well girls, as the title suggests I want to gain some small bit of control over my fertility so I thought a thread might be useful for everyone to pop in things they do/eat/practice to aid their fertility.

I'll start....
    I intend on eating more fresh vegetables particularly green veg which aids fertility and helps with endo and cysts.
    I will also go back to drinking a glass of full fat milk which helps with ovulation.

Lastly I'm thinking of acupuncture. Not sure when in cycle it would be most useful. Anyone got any thoughts here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Im considering looking after my testes more as in temperature related matters

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

i am taking evening primrose oil from af to ovulation,complete vitamin b,folic acid,green tea instead of coffee and tea,cut out all processed food,more fresh fish and green vegetables,2.5 mile brisk walk 5 times a week and just taking time especially during the week to pamper myself(long bath and relaxation)....

oh and tons and tons of water:)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Charting temperature, cervical fluids and position and texture of your cervix all help and it's relatively easy once you get in the habit.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

My strategy was:

Folic Acid,
    Little bit of exercise - Yoga & Couch to 5k - this gave me both a bit of fitness and de-stressing time.
    A little less junk, a little more fruit & veg
    A little more water, a little less tea & coffee.

A little more "us" time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I second the exercise advise. My fertility doctor told me there is a link between women with endo, low fertility and low endorphins. Doing regular exercise, enough to raise you heart rate and challenge you a little, will raise your endorphins. I had started doing C25K programme every second day and fertility yoga on alternate days a month before I got pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 hypnoruth

Hi Folks

Please find attached an article on fertility and mind body approaches.

http://www.thefertilebody.com/Articles/Details/Research_showing_the_benefits_of_hypnotherapy_for_Fertility_problems

Hope this helps.

Hypnoruth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I know this thread is a little old, but talking charge of my fertility from this month on. Doctor said I am not hugely over weight but I need to loose a stone and 2 pounds for BMI purposes.I'm not huge about a 12 on top 14 on bottom, but making a start this week. Going to clear all the processed crap out of the presses and replace with healthy options.

Joined back the gym and have done 3 classes this week, hope to keep the momentum going :) also going to try walk the dog a bit more.

Sticking a reminder in my phone for the folic acid, have been a little forgetful with it the last few weeks.

Drinking loads of water.

What are you guys all doing? xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Trying to remember to drink more water!I keep the folic acid on my bedside locker helps me remember to take it!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I kept the folic acid in my handbag - at least I'd have it to hand when I finally would remember to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hypnoruth

Hi
    Sounds like your making all the right choices, try to fit some "me time " in there to!
    Relaxation is a major key for balancing the body, giving you a better chance to conceive.

Regards,
    hypnoruth

• Advertisement
Advertisement