Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool video of Galway

Options

Comments

gave up on it due to vimeo player being so crap. Stick it up on youtube

The bit I saw looked decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Beautiful video !!!

Galway looked just brilliant.

I loved the low angle shots, the stormy sea scenes and the music.

It's a pity the diving board at Blackrock had not had a lick of paint though.

Well done John McGrath !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mike folan

It is a fantastic video and is a great credit to John. The only critic that i have of it, and this is probably just nit picking, but there were a lot of shots from salthill, the docks and the spanish arch. It makes it seem like there is only water to be seen here. But then again some of the nicest parts of galway are around our waterways. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Vimeo FTW! It beats youtube hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Nicely shot video but the aspect ratio is off and that's just one of those pet peeves, it annoys me so much it ruined the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Vimeo stomps all over youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Pretty much all shot on one stretch of road stretching from the docks to Blackrock. Nice vid all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 John_McGrath

Beautiful video !!!

Galway looked just brilliant.

I loved the low angle shots, the stormy sea scenes and the music.

It's a pity the diving board at Blackrock had not had a lick of paint though.

Well done John McGrath !

Thanks Rob, i appreciate your comment and i agree about the Diving Board :)

gave up on it due to vimeo player being so crap. Stick it up on youtube

The bit I saw looked decent

i will get it up on YouTube :)

ScumLord wrote: »
    Nicely shot video but the aspect ratio is off and that's just one of those pet peeves, it annoys me so much it ruined the video.

The Aspect Ratio is Correct for Viewing on a wide Screen TV, the piece was rendered HD 1080p-Mainly for viewing on the Vimeo Channel on AppleTV, im sorry if it took away from your enjoyment of the piece, i will try and Re-Render for youtube with a 0.000 Square Aspect Ratio, thanks for watching.

• Advertisement

Mike folan wrote: »
    It is a fantastic video and is a great credit to John. The only critic that i have of it, and this is probably just nit picking, but there were a lot of shots from salthill, the docks and the spanish arch. It makes it seem like there is only water to be seen here. But then again some of the nicest parts of galway are around our waterways. :)

Hi Mike,
    i can see your point about the location shots but it was my intention to show this side i suppose growing up beside the sea has embedded that view with me and as a film maker there is nearly always a "sea" element to my work but i agree that its not all water but for this one it was mainly the theme (see JFK Quote at the Start)
    Thanks for taking the time to watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hession

Enjoyed it very good

Advertisement