Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into new house - looking to reconnect phone

Options
  • 23-03-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving into a new place in the next few weeks. The phone line had been disconnected by the last landlady before she started renting the place 2 years ago but now i want to get it reconnected in order to get broadband. It is a rural location, and the neighbours can get broadband but not NGB.

Do i have to contact eircom to reconnect? Or if i signed up with a different company can they do it or is it the responsibility of Eircom? How do i find out if the exchange is due to be upgraded to NGB?

Thanks.

JP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

cjpm wrote: »
    Hi,

I am moving into a new place in the next few weeks. The phone line had been disconnected by the last landlady before she started renting the place 2 years ago but now i want to get it reconnected in order to get broadband. It is a rural location, and the neighbours can get broadband but not NGB.

Do i have to contact eircom to reconnect? Or if i signed up with a different company can they do it or is it the responsibility of Eircom? How do i find out if the exchange is due to be upgraded to NGB?

Thanks.

JP

Hi cjpm,

If you would like to private message me with the address you are moving to, I can look into the broadband availability in the area and outline the packages eircom have available?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭cjpm

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

cjpm wrote: »
    PM sent

Hi JP,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement