Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would like someone to look at this, please

Options
  • 23-03-2012 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi Mods/CMods,

**Please feel free to delete but I would appreciate if someone took the time to read thid**

Today in Motors I asked a perfectly reasonable and genuine question
    (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7102/6860914752_62abdf7769_b.jpg)
    but instead of a reasonable answer I received abuse from a mod (TestTransmission), but the thing I'm surprised about is the fact that I was the only person who received abuse and I wasn't the only person to ask the question. Unfortunately, I let my anger get the better of myself and reacted horribly (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7226/6860914686_b521f6f0c5_b.jpg)
    For this I received a ban which is understandable. I received a private message from TestTransmission explaining why I was banned. I really didn't like what was in this message (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7191/6860914446_504f054a9f_b.jpg)
    'being a dick' I don't think this is how mods or anyone should speak to someone on Boards. I would have thought mods would have more sense and try to resolve problems in a more professional manner.

When I asked why I got the abuse (this abuse was before I was banned) I received another childish PM from TestTransmission (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7276/6860914542_8f09820e1c_b.jpg)
    I then asked TestTransmission, again, to answer my question when I received this PM (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7207/7007030583_ff54f8d0ee_b.jpg)
    which just goes to show how mods abuse their power. It is just completely foolish and gives Boards a bad name.

When I mentioned to TestTransmission that I was saving screen shots of all of the PMs he sent me the childish PMs stopped (unsurprisingly)

After this I just asked if he had anything else to say to me before I started this thread which he didn't so I started this thread.

I fully understand why I was banned but I feel the way it was handled by TestTransmission was just out of order and I felt something had to be done.

I have a copy of every PM TestTransmission has sent me and will gladly give a copy to CMods should they need them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I apologise if it shouldn't be here.

Again, many thanks

Rolli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Am I right in saying that you're not contesting the ban? If that's the case, I'll move this somewhere suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

So, as usual the mod gets away scot-free?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

There are no foregone conclusions here. This forum is for disputing bans and infractions. There are other places for dealing with perceived inappropriate moderator behaviour. That's why I was asking if you were disputing the ban.

Anyway, I have been asked me to leave this in here, so I will.

So....? Anyone else going to answer me?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Rolli wrote: »
    So, as usual the mod gets away scot-free?
    So....? Anyone else going to answer me?
    Rolli, your combative attitude is doing you absolutely no favours.

Mods, CatMods and Admins are volunteers, they're not available 24 / 7 to instantly respond to you.

Today in Motors I asked a perfectly reasonable and genuine question
    (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7102/6860914752_62abdf7769_b.jpg)
    but instead of a reasonable answer I received abuse from a mod (TestTransmission)
    No, you didn't. You were challenged, not for the first time, on the apparent inconsistency of a number of your posts / threads, which obviously have led the mods and even general posters in the forum to believe that you sometimes like to troll. You know something, while I can certainly see why those suspicions have been aroused, I think it was unnecessary to drag it up this time; your question in this case wasn't unreasonable.

But no-one abused you; you were challenged. If you felt that you were being treated unfairly, that was the time to take it to PM and discuss it with the mod in question if you felt the need; or to report his post and ask his fellow-mods to review it; or even to approach myself or one of the other CatMods to review the matter.

You did none of these.

Instead, you resorted not only to abuse but to a level of abuse which I have seldom seen on Boards.
    You know what? fúck you, you cúnt. I asked a fúcking honest, genuine question and you start throwing abuse at me, and I wasn't the only person to ask the question.

At that stage, you put yourself wholly and totally in the wrong.
    I received a private message from TestTransmission explaining why I was banned. I really didn't like what was in this message (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7191/6860914446_504f054a9f_b.jpg)
    'being a dick' I don't think this is how mods or anyone should speak to someone on Boards. I would have thought mods would have more sense and try to resolve problems in a more professional manner.
    Actually, TT didn't have any control over, or possibly any knowledge of, what that automated message said.

The "Being a Dick" is an old standard catch-all phrase around Boards. It's actually being changed and eliminated because a lot of the Mods, myself (and for all I remember TT!) included, don't like it and have asked for that to happen. Most of the changes have happened over the last couple of days, and it's only to-day I saw one of the developers note that he had forgotten to change it in the standard message which a ban generates.

As to the rest, I can hardly say that I am surprised that you got little sympathy from a Mod who you had just told "fúck you, you cúnt."

Decision: For that level of abuse of a Mod, a permanent forum ban is warranted. Because I feel that you had some small reason to feel annoyed, even though you handled it totally wrongly, I am commuting it to a six months ban.

I would suggest that when you return to Motors, you do so constructively and above all civilly.

I would remind you that any attempt to re-reg to get round the ban or to use any existing alternate accounts will result in more severe sanctions, possibly a siteban.

• Advertisement

Rolli, your combative attitude is doing you absolutely no favours.

Apologies.
    You know something, while I can certainly see why those suspicions have been aroused

Why would they need to be aroused now? Ever since I've come back onto Boards I've followed the rules and broken none.
    your question in this case wasn't unreasonable.
    So why would he drag up this whole troll business?
    But no-one abused you; you were challenged
    How come I was the only person challenged? I wasn't the only person to ask the question! Nobody seems to want to answer this for me
    Instead, you resorted not only to abuse but to a level of abuse which I have seldom seen on Boards.
    This was a really, really big mistake. I could have handled it much better but didn't.
    Actually, TT didn't have any control over, or possibly any knowledge of, what that automated message said.
    I was looking around Boards and only found this out after I posted the thread, I should have edited that part. Sorry

Again, I'm really sorry for what I have said to TestTransmission but I feel I was being picked on. As I've said before I wasn't the only person who asked this question but I was the only person who was 'challenged'

I would like if TestTransmission would explain to me why he had to drag up that whole troll thing and challenge only me and not the other user.
    Because I feel that you had some small reason to feel annoyed

Small? He singled me I had more than 'small reason to be annoyed' in my opinion.
    I would remind you that any attempt to re-reg to get round the ban or to use any existing alternate accounts will result in more severe sanctions, possibly a siteban.
    Don't plan on doing anything of the sort so no worries there.

_____

I appreciate the fact that the ban was shortened but I don't think I will be back to Motors soon, or ever really.

I had planned on going to the Motors meet today (24/03) but won't be going now, for obvious reasons. Thanks TestTransmission, thanks a lot.

And thanks randylonghorn (cool name btw) for replying and not only taking TestTransmissons's side.

Cheers,

Rolli

Anyone?

Rolli, it's not a matter of "anyone?"

In posting here, you are asking for the situation to be reviewed by the relevant Category Moderator.

It has been, and I have given my decision above.

You may ofc ask an Admin to review the decision, if you wish this to happen please request it specifically.

Rolli, it's not a matter of "anyone?"

In posting here, you are asking for the situation to be reviewed by the relevant Category Moderator.

It has been, and I have given my decision above.

You may ofc ask an Admin to review the decision, if you wish this to happen please request it specifically.

Hi,

I'm genuinely not trying to annoy people, sorry.

Would it be okay to PM TestTransmission and ask him to answer my question?

Thanks for helping out and once again, I'm sorry if I've been acting like an a$$

Hi,

I'm genuinely not trying to annoy people, sorry.

Would it be okay to PM TestTransmission and ask him to answer my question?

Thanks for helping out and once again, I'm sorry if I've been acting like an a$$
    Rolli, TT is aware of this thread and of the views I have expressed above, and I'm certainly not going to ask him to come in here and answer to someone who told him "fúck you, you cúnt" a few days ago.

/End of.

You have had a review and a decision by the relevant Category Moderator.

If you wish to ask an Admin to review the decision, you may request that.

Otherwise, this matter is at an end, and I won't be responding here again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement