Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building links for clients targeting France, Germany

Options
  • 23-03-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

How are SEOs based in Ireland building backlinks for clients targeting countries like France and Germany?

What approach are people using to get over the language barrier?

Thanks for any ideas/info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

google translate

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ket

For language you have to implement Google translate to your site.

In Link Building, at first you have to choose France and Germany based local keywords, then submit details in targeted area based directory, sites etc. Also do google, yahoo local listing. From webmaster tools must select the targeted country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Colmb007

The same as building links in Ireland, UK or USA just get links from different sources. If you can get links in the local country great if that's a problem just write great guest posts and get them on other websites.

Check backlinks of competitor websites that might give you some ideas.

I've been able to rank pages in France and Germany without gettting links from French or German websites.

Is this what you mean by your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Wshoku

Bullsh....ithh..ohhh...sorry, I got cough, it gets worst when I read such a replies.
    I am in SEO business for good few years now and I build links for my clients
    from many sources. You do not need to apply any Google translate, just find the
    right SEO company or directory that accepts entries in many languages.
    Only Colmb007 has some nice answer, rest of you should say nothig.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

Wshoku wrote: »
    ... it gets worst when I read such a replies.
    This is the type of problem that can occur when someone attempts to garner links in a non native language.
    I am in SEO business for good few years now and I build links for my clients from many sources.
    Forum spamming one of the ways in which you 'build links'?

I ask as I've recently stumbled upon the large number of posts you've thrown up here on boards relating to 'backlinks-ireland', although in that case due to the formatting of the posts it's not even providing a hyperlink to the sites in question.
    You do not need to apply any Google translate, just find the right SEO company or directory that accepts entries in many languages.
    Suggesting outsourcing of the marketing is one option, especially if the suggestion is to hire a firm that have a native speaker of the target language in-house, but to suggest directory submissions as a means of solving target market language differences is a joke.
    Only Colmb007 has some nice answer, rest of you should say nothig.
    If you disagree with advice, fine, say what you feel is wrong and why you disagree. Don't go so far as attacking the posters that made the comments.

In this case, if you disagree with some of the suggestions you'll get many other forum users participate in the conversation, such as myself, happy to point out exactly why the posts you're attacking are far more relevant and valid than your own suggestion.

• Advertisement

TsuDhoNimh wrote: »
    Forum spamming one of the ways in which you 'build links'?

I ask as I've recently stumbled upon the large number of posts you've thrown up here on boards relating to 'backlinks-ireland', although in that case due to the formatting of the posts it's not even providing a hyperlink to the sites in question.

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it.

I did reply to posts asking for backlinks so which one of my 4 post (you call this "large number of posts") you would consider as a spam?
    Or maybe you have diferent definition of spamming.
    It wasnt my intention to provide any hyperlinks so dont understand your comment.
    but to suggest directory submissions as a means of solving target market language differences is a joke.

I am glad you like my jokes :) Yahoo provides directories in may languages ie de.yahoo.co fr.yahoo.com, and this is only 1 example.
    If you disagree with advice, fine, say what you feel is wrong and why you disagree. Don't go so far as attacking the posters that made the comments..

I do not attack, I only express my feelings.
    Ok, I do not agree with using Google translate as we all know this tool is not work prefect for the grammar.

"while on vacation drinking a Coke and ate bananas", translated in Google Translate

Try to submit such a text to good directory, good luck with that.

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it.
    No it's not.
    I did reply to posts asking for backlinks so which one of my 4 post (you call this "large number of posts") you would consider as a spam?
    As already detailed in one of the other threads, all four of them. At the time, this was over 25% of your posts on this forum so I feel it's safe to say it was a 'large number of posts' and stand by that without question.
    Or maybe you have diferent definition of spamming.
    I do. I like to use the correct definition.
    It wasnt my intention to provide any hyperlinks so dont understand your comment.
    I had assumed you had simply messed up the formatting of the posts, assuming that as you had provided a hostname it would link to it even without the relevant subdomain, as some forums would link based on the information provided. Even if you hadn't intended on gaining a hyperlink, the mention still carries enough benefits that all of the other points raised are still completely relevant so it's a moot point in reality.
    I am glad you like my jokes :) Yahoo provides directories in may languages ie de.yahoo.co fr.yahoo.com, and this is only 1 example.
    I never suggested it was a good joke and it's certainly not one that I enjoyed.

Of course there are directories in various languages, you'll even find some good or even great directories in different languages. My point was that just making directory submissions isn't a sustainable strategy, it isn't a way of working around multi-lingual targeting and if it's being suggested as such (as it was) that's simply wrong.
    I do not attack, I only express my feelings.
    "Only Colmb007 has some nice answer, rest of you should say nothig." is a fairly negative feeling to express towards many of the posters on this thread. Especially in light of the fact that the advice they gave was significantly better than the advice you gave, or at least that's my feeling.

Your understanding of correct definition could be wrong if you use Wikipedia as your source of definitions, as I mentioned in this thread.

"wrong" "assumed" "I feel"....have you something else to say, some strong advice on where to get good backlinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Your posts and TsuDhoNimh's posts speak for themselves. Now which one of you two has total credibility and which one of you has none? Tough question.

You are totally right. I should not be a part of such conversation.
    Anyone can do anything n the internet and implement things that works for them and believe in what they want to believe.

I am done with this post. Thank you

• Advertisement

Your understanding of correct definition could be wrong if you use Wikipedia as your source of definitions, as I mentioned in this thread.
    I don't use wikipedia as the source of my definition, I cited it in this case as the wikipedia article in question defines the term correctly.

Use any source you like to give the definition, it won't change the situation. If you do feel that the wiki definition cited is incorrect, I'd love to know where and why. I'd then be happy to show why it isn't incorrect and why your definition is.
    "wrong" "assumed" "I feel"....have you something else to say, some strong advice on where to get good backlinks?
    I have many other things to say, that's the joy of being very opinionated and being happy to voice those opinions publicly.

I'm not sure why you'd choose to ask for "advice on where to get good backlinks" in this thread though. The query of the thread is how to gain links in a geo specific region and specifically how to overcome the challenge of not speaking the native language. If that's the query you're posing to me, it's different to the one you've just stated and will have a different reply.

As I don't operate outside of my native language, English, I'd be the first to admit that I'm not an expert in that area. We all have our own techniques on how we target different geo's and even how we optimise multi-lingual sites, but that doesn't mean any/all of us are experts. I will, however, jump in and point it out when someone gives incorrect advice (such as using directory submissions as a singular means to achieve geo-linking) that I can refute without doubt based on expertise and experience.

Advertisement