Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deep Bite - Midlands?

• 23-03-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hello

I have a very deep bite, and as I age I am starting to look like a hillbilly with no bottom teeth. In the past I paid US 1k for some kind of custom night guard. Then I paid US 5K for invisalign. I had two rounds of those and they DID NOTHING AT ALL for my bite. I felt very ripped off.

At this point I just want something that will keep my teeth apart so that I have a decent facial profile with a closed mouth. Does anyone know of an appliance that can do this? I read something about bite plates....I don't care if I have to take it out to eat, so long as my bite is kept open by the appliance when in use.

Anyway - I live in the midlands. Anyone know a decent ortho who can help me?

PM as per charter if sending a recommendation :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭day dreamer

Hello Percy

IT is not possible to say if a bite plane would suit you without seeing you first. Sorry that the Invisalign did not work out but that type of brace is usually used for more minor dental corrections and not for significant bite problems.

From you say you cannot see any of the lower teeth when you bite. If the bite is that deep then correction could require orthodontic treatment with fixed appliances or "traintracks", it may even be severe enough to need jaw surgery to correct it. A bite plane alone will not really be of much use I would think

The only way to know is to see an orthodontist and discuss further. PM sent

Advertisement