Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Diesel - Mod note Post #5

Options
  • 23-03-2012 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Just thought I'd let people know, had some issues with an independent service station *snip*

I filled the car, and after pulling out if the station, the check engine managment light came on and the car went into limp mode, I brought the car to a main dealer, and they checked the car and found the diesel had diet in it. The fuel filter was replaced, car went fine, started filli.g up in the only branded garage in the town, no problems. After 3 weeks no issued, then filled again at the independent garage, low and behold the fecking car broke down again, car back to the dealer, and again the diesel was tested, and found to be real bad, full of dirt

I contacted the garage, to let them know what the garage said, told me to there is nothing wrong with their diesel, and how dare I suggest such a thing, the girl I was speaking too was the rudest person I had to deal with, I was not going to make an issue, but after that response everyone should know about it.

I got the Diesel checked by 2 different dealers, and both came back with the same answer the diesel if full of dirt.

The service station does not care, and does not want to know about it. The diesel is not washed or laundered, but the tanks are dirty.

All the girl I wad talking to could say is customs checks their diesel every 2 week's, I did not suggest washed diesel, the diesel is dirty, customs does not check for dirt.

I am advising everyone to avoid independent service stations, they don't care what they sell you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Thanks Bikerg. I'll have to watch out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

My car too went into limp mode and cut out after filling up at one of these indepenent stations. Diagnostics reported errors with fuel pump and pressure. My car has never recovered since to be honest. And I dont fancy replacing all the injectors and fuel pump to still not solve the problem...

So I learnt my lesson... dont bother topping up at these independent fueling stations to save a few cent per litre as it will only cost you more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bikerg

thewools wrote: »
    My car too went into limp mode and cut out after filling up at one of these indepenent stations. Diagnostics reported errors with fuel pump and pressure. My car has never recovered since to be honest. And I dont fancy replacing all the injectors and fuel pump to still not solve the problem...

So I learnt my lesson... dont bother topping up at these independent fueling stations to save a few cent per litre as it will only cost you more in the long run.

I have the same reports on my car, fuel pressure errors.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Please read the charter before posting. Any more posts identifying and accusing businesses of poor or illegal practice will be deleted and bans will be handed out for persistent posts of this nature.

The offending posts above have been edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

It is highly probable that the "dirt" is a byproduct of whatever product is being used to "wash" diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its pretty simple, anywhere near the border do not use "independent" dealers. Harsh but the only safe thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Noticed that when I was out for a run the other night. Unlikely its pertinent to bad fuel though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Green Bottles: That article does not refer to Diesel laundering or dirty fuel so I don't see what the connection is to this thread. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

MugMugs wrote: »
    Noticed that when I was out for a run the other night. Unlikely its pertinent to bad fuel though?
    Green Bottles: That article does not refer to Diesel laundering or dirty fuel so I don't see what the connection is to this thread. :confused:

Fair enough,post removed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement