Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catering site sought.

Options
  • 23-03-2012 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section as I'm a 'newbie'.

I'm looking for a site for a mobile catering unit serving breakfasts, lunch, burgers and chips etc.
    I have a weekend night time site outside a Dublin pub but need a regular Mon - Fri day time pitch, preferably on private property, i.e. garage forecourt or industrial estate etc.
    My unit is HSE certified and I hold full insurances etc.

Any help or suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Howyahorse

Hi BurgerBoy,
    Although i am of no help to you I wish you well with your venture. I have come to boards for advice on similar so hopefully you can answer a few q's if you wouldn't mind while you're waiting to get some more replies?
    Im looking to start up my own mobile catering too. Can you tell me if it is a lengthy process getting started up? I am aware you must get the trailer hse certified but i'm looking at one with that already so dont have to worry about that aspect. Also i will be operating on private properties so don't need to worry about traders licence etc.
    Can you tell me what's the deal with the FAI?(food authority) Do they issue you a licence or how does it work with them?? I think the only other thing i will need is insurance. Am i right in saying it's public liability that i require??
    Hopefully you can help, cant seem to get many answers on websites. Thanks and best wishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Burger boy

Hiya Howyahorse,

Okay, I'll try to help as best I can..

It's a lot less lengthy a process once you have HSE certification, so well done sourcing a trailer with approval.
    You're correct regarding traders licences in regard to private property but there are a few things to be careful of.

I've been operating just over a month now and have come across a few issues that I may help you avoid.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number, I can put you in touch with a great insurance broker and the best supplier of burgers etc.

Cheers,
    Burger boy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Bigus

You need planning permission to operate on private sites so if you do get somewhere make sure you run a good show and leave it spanking clean afterwards
    any excuse or even no excuse and the council will shut you down in favour of their rate paying take away s

Advertisement