Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you help with my query

Options
  • 23-03-2012 3:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

Hi got a call from my network today regarding a number, im having trouble understanding the message he left me. what does the following sound like to you regarding mobile phone number?

- number not released because of "mismatch"

- why Vodafone number number not released to me an O2 customer

- Number? Jammed in system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you request to port to another network?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Just means they submitted the port as either, Pre Pay instead of Postpaid (or other way around), or got the account number wrong.

Call Vodafone and clarify your account status, is Pre or Post, your account number and if your account is single or multiline, go back to O2 with that info.

To be fair the rejection reason should of told them what the mismatch was and.corrected there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No one will correct the mismatch in case it's a fraudulent port request. The information must come from the person requesting the port

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 theevilman

what is port??
    what is mismatch??

Walkman wrote: »
    No one will correct the mismatch in case it's a fraudulent port request. The information must come from the person requesting the port

What i was implying was O2 told the customer there was a Mismatch, they should of told them what the Mismatch was and corrected it instead of telling them there was a mismatch and letting the OP walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 theevilman

but what is a Mismatch

theevilman wrote: »
    but what is a Mismatch

Ah, Ok, Sorry, a Port is the process of moving your number from one Network to another, the operator requesting the port needs to enter various data when submitting it for Data Protection reasons.

Are you Prepay or Bill Pay?

The reason I ask is if you are Bill Pay, O2 would need to enter your Vodafone account number as part of the request, so Vodafone systems would automatically check this, IE That account number matches that Phone number and the number is released.

So if O2 entered an incorrect digit in your account number the Port would be Rejected as "Postpay Account Number Mismatch", the correct account number would then to be entered and the port can be resubmitted.

O2 should of been able to tell you what the mismatch was as its in the rejection message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

someone mightbe able to help me ith a query. I have the nokia n95 and was always chargiung the battery every day so went and bought a new battery and the man in the shop siad that the old battery wasa fake nokia battery, so charged the new battery up and was grand then went to read a text mesage and phone froze on me then jumped from the messages to the contact and started dialing people so had to take out battery and turn on phone again then the keypoad wouldnt work when typing in the pin code. has this happen to anyone before, goingn away for weekend and dont want that to happen again should i just charge the old battery and use that? its working grand today

Advertisement