Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good spot to go out in melbourne?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

zweton wrote: »
    Well Section 8 bar is offically class:D Back early but will be going again soon what a spot!

That the bar that's built inside an old storage container? Any craic?

I've got so many bars/restaurants I wanna go to before I leave in a month but I'm fast running out of time. Now that two of our staff in work have been fired/quit looks like I won't get much time off work

..and Ive still to go to a footie game!

Ya was great craic, Why are you leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

zweton wrote: »
    Ya was great craic, Why are you leaving?

Because our 6 months in our job is nearly up! Gonna go on holidays/travelling for a month then find some regional work.. I've seen a lot of vineyards have restaurants on site, going to try and contact them see if I can come to some sort of agreement whereby I can work in their restaurant and they can sign me off as having done the 'specified work'

Could be wishful thinking on my part though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

I've seen a lot of vineyards have restaurants on site, going to try and contact them see if I can come to some sort of agreement whereby I can work in their restaurant and they can sign me off as having done the 'specified work'

Good luck with that! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lucylocket82

MarkyMark21 i live just in behind the Olsen Hotel the last 7mths & have never once gone into that bar.....defo gona give it a go now.Dying for a decent cocktail:D

I would recommend a bar on Little Collins called New Guernica...not the kind of place i would stay in all night but defo a good spot to start off ur night.Worth a trip for a the decor alone!

Theres a couple of decent bars along Brunswick St too.For the life of me i can't remember their names though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Container bar is quite expensive, it's alright to visit once for one drink etc but kind of pricey to spend longer there.

• Advertisement

Ya i agree there, do you know of any cheaper places in the city you would recommend uni?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

cheap in Melbourne?? ha ha

It's been a while since I have sunk a few but the rooftop bar on Swanston St was reasonable enough.

cheap in Melbourne?? ha ha

It's been a while since I have sunk a few but the rooftop bar on Swanston St was reasonable enough.

No, cheapERRR:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 supp

The best bars in Melbourne are scattered around the city in laneways. Most I like have been mentioned, ie revolver. Others in that area are 186, and Blue Bar. But there are also a bunch of other bars at that end of Windsor. In Richmond I like The GB. There are also some decent bar strips in Smith St, Brunswick Street, Johnstan Street, Lygon street....basically the whole of the north side lol

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

If you are on Chapel St, try get to Blue Bar or 186 as said above. Stay clear of Electric Ladyland (no dancefloor and everyone stands and chats til close). Not my scene. Then hit Revolver if the night is still young.

The Bridge Hotel, The Precinct, Bar 9T4 and NightCat are all good spots in Richmond.

Perseverance is good on Brunswick St in Fitzroy - Stay clear of Cafe Live ! Brutal ! If you are on Brunswick St during the day, make sure you try get a table at The Vegie Bar. OK its veggie food, and I aint one for it, but I went in and it was unreal. The portions are massive, the food is tasty and you are full after. Cheap too ! Try it and let me know your thoughts !

If you are into drugs, which I hope you are not, try the Highlander Bar in the CBD on a Sat night. But Revolver is prob your best bet for that buzz.

I am going to the Quiet Man for Sunday carvery this weekend and I am very excited about it. I've drank there before but heard the food is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I always liked the sunday sesh in the Punt on Punt myself

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

CiaranC wrote: »
    I always liked the sunday sesh in the Punt on Punt myself

Never any decent females in that place though.

Advertisement