Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify the Spider

Options
  • 23-03-2012 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Anyone identify this Spider it was encased in a Wasp like nest with about 15 others.

22032012.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I thought so but then i did not know it built Wasp like nests out of dirt. Considering my letter box is free standing steel. That is an achievement for a spider. A lot of dirt to cart up a pole.

I should add I found the nest in my letter box.

Was it alive ? Could of been food for wasp grubs

15 of the exact same type of spider. I will post a pic of the nest later. Weird stuff. It may be the spider moved out the wasp.

They did not do any moving they may have been dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Zambia wrote: »
    15 of the exact same type of spider. I will post a pic of the nest later. Weird stuff. It may be the spider moved out the wasp.

Burn your mailbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Undead wrote: »
    Burn your mailbox!

I'd have moved house by now! ;)

Apperantly, (accoding to locals in the Weatbelt WA) there are loads of unusual spiders around this year. A lot of people are finding weird looking spiders they've never see before.

Ive came across a few Golden Orbs. They are massive, they will spin a web the size of a medium sized house. Many a time have I walked into one.

Where abouts in the Wheat belt are you. Ive been up here for the past 5 weeks fixing the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Where abouts in the Wheat belt are you. Ive been up here for the past 5 weeks fixing the roads.

I was in Merredin for a few months, but back in the UK now. Where are you?? How are you liking it? Hope the crazy pace of life isn't too much for ya!!! ;)

Well if u like looking at endless wheat feilds then its a great place lol. Ive just been up here fixing roads. Been in York, Northam, Cervanties, Dandaragan and few other small towns, so im gettin around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ag rince Bo

Zambia wrote: »
    I didn't read all the thread so this may have already been mentioned . BUT it is usually the other way around, wasps lay young in spiders, which eat their way out.
    We have had a lot of rain in the last few months and the spiders in your letter box were probably just getting out of the weather.

I'll try and find it but there was some amazing photos of the spider escaping the rain in country NSW... web covered the ground completely. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Spider pics

KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS.jpg

Advertisement