Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great idea for a business - Seriously! - Corruption Tours

Options
  • 23-03-2012 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

In England you have 'Political Tours', hosting politically oriented trips to locations such as Northern Ireland and Kosovo. In the Czech Republic, CorruptTour.com is offering sightseeing trips around sites of political corruption in Prague.

Why doesn't some entrepreneurial soul offer a Mahon report tour, taking in St Luke's, Fagan's Pub, various council offices, Berties home in Drumcondra, the Dail etc.....

CorruptTour.com says it is a unique proposition in the tourist world, providing access to some of the “leading practitioners of corruption” operating today. Tours last for an average of three hours and souvenirs are available.

I am outside the country....but if I was there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Sure the damned tour would take 15 years to complete, and the chances are the tourists would feel they really hadn't learnt anything they didn't already know.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

That's a great idea if I lived in Dublin I'd give it a go. I could always set up a pre tour sign up where they have to pre pay for the tour. Then I wouldn't show up and hopefully they get the irony of the whole set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

You would need a licence to operate, easily sorted with a brown envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Great idea. You need to take in the "new" Spensor Dock building of Anglo Irish as well. It could be called "Celtic Tiger" tours. Agreed with the licence. A brown envelope should solve that easily!

Advertisement