Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larger Collector box for a lawnmower?

Options
  • 23-03-2012 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Does anyone know if a larger collector can be fitted to a ride on mower.
    My castle garden only has a 90 litre box and ideally like a larger box.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

bbam wrote: »
    Hi.
    Does anyone know if a larger collector can be fitted to a ride on mower.
    My castle garden only has a 90 litre box and ideally like a larger box.
    Thanks

To the best of my knowledge I don't think you can fit a larger box to castelgardens (I may be wrong) - I take it from the 90 litre bag it is a small sit on?

I would say your only bet would be to get someone to make a box for you.

The supports on the lawnmower are designed to only carry the weight of the 90litre box so I would also think perhaps the supports would need strengthened in some way if you could get someone to make the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

To the best of my knowledge I don't think you can fit a larger box to castelgardens (I may be wrong) - I take it from the 90 litre bag it is a small sit on?

I would say your only bet would be to get someone to make a box for you.

The supports on the lawnmower are designed to only carry the weight of the 90litre box so I would also think perhaps the supports would need strengthened in some way if you could get someone to make the box.

It's a medium size I suppose... 13.5HP, 36 inch twin blade deck..
    Would just be handier if the box was a little bigger :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    I'm wrong on the volume of the collector, its 200l, but I'd still like a larger one...
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 progarden

hello
    you cant fit a bigger on to any machine than the one supplied by original specification. they are lawnmower specific and the hangers are a specific size for each machine. 90 litres is tiny so i assume you have a 8.5hp mini castel garden or mountfield
    youll need to trade it in if you want a bigger box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 progarden

husqvarna or jonsereds have typically 250 litres. if you want a big box got for a viking at 300 litres, or a cub cadet have up to 400 litre boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

progarden wrote: »
    hello
    you cant fit a bigger on to any machine than the one supplied by original specification. they are lawnmower specific and the hangers are a specific size for each machine. 90 litres is tiny so i assume you have a 8.5hp mini castel garden or mountfield
    youll need to trade it in if you want a bigger box.
    My current box is 200l, you indeed can get a larger 300l box that fits my mower. However they quoted me €300 for it so I won't be getting it. I've seen plans for a small trailer that collects grass from a rear discharge mower, I just need to search for them again online, or if anyone has seen them online a link would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Mine's a castlegarden 13.5HP 36 or 38" deck (not sure) but defo has a 300 litre collection bag. Its two years old. Dont know if that helps...

Advertisement