Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG rip off Europe

Options
  • 23-03-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Just got in trouble with mobile bought in Germany. Seems like LG is not respecting warranty rights for goods bought in the country you don't have address. SO PLEASE THINK TWICE before you buy anything from LG while abroad (except UK). And remember - if you move to Germany or Spain they will not repair your Ireland-bought equipment too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

zom wrote: »
    Just got in trouble with mobile bought in Germany. Seems like LG is not respecting warranty rights for goods bought in the country you don't have address. SO PLEASE THINK TWICE before you buy anything from LG while abroad (except UK). And remember - if you move to Germany or Spain they will not repair your Ireland-bought equipment too.

Tried making a claim through their Website ?
    http://www.lg.com/ie/support/repair/support-warranty-claims.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I chat with LG UK and LG Germany and policy is:we repair ONLY items purchased in our country and for residents of our country (address in the country).
    If you bought LG in Germany and need it to be repaired under warranty you have to have address in Germany and send it to German LG (same in UK+Ireland).
    So remember - Don't buy any LG while abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I am assuming you bought it from amazon? Those phones had awful problems overheating and restarting, happened me too.

have you tried talking to amazon.de about it? Amazon are usually great for returns.

Amazon direct me to seller - mobile-guard.de - now I am waiting for any response from them.
    But If I hypothetically move to Berlin tomorrow it would be no problem to get it repaired by LG. And thats what pizz me of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I wouldn't be letting them off that easy, give them notice that you intend to pursue them via European small claims. If they still keep fobbing you off then download the forms off courts.ie and start the process.

I've been successfull myself with a European small claim and while it did take a few months I got my money back in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

A manufacturers warranty is in ADDITION to your rights as a consumer and it can say anythign they wish and restrict it anyway they wish too.

As is said here countless times, when you buy a product, your contract is with the seller, NOT the manufacturer.

LG have no contract with you whatsoever and don;t have to deal with you unless the seller directs you there and you wish to deal with LG directly, but it must be in conjunction with the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Just get onto Amazon, their your place of purchase and should sort you out.

The Manfacturer have to offer you nothing in a form of Warranty.

Amazon was just middleman and direct me to some suspicious seller. Send them email and wait for reply.

Advertisement