Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which broadband for Tramore Waterford

• 23-03-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi.
    I currently have Vodafone home broadband and am looking to see if there is a package I can get elsewhere which is better or cheaper. It is an adsl package. Supposed to be getting 8mb but the lines are capped at 5 and am actually only getting 4.2 at best. Vodafone have overcharged me for the 3rd time in 1 year and now am looking to change because of this. Can anyone give me some advice on the best package/price. Bearing in mind it is used for normal surfing but i use it for gaming on the XBox360 so this definately has to be taken into account. I am in Tramore Waterford so UPC is not available here. So,,,any advice??? :)

Regards

Allan:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DAISY.

Hi Allan

I'm just wondering did you find a good broadband provider in Tramore? I am planning on moving out there from town in the next month or so but my 12 year old son with be extremely disappointed if his Xbox is lagging. We are currently on UPC in town which is excellent but as we all know it isn't available in Tramore. Would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, quality regarding Xbox live usage is more important to us
    at the moment.

Thanks

Daisy

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

DAISY. wrote: »
    Hi Allan

I'm just wondering did you find a good broadband provider in Tramore? I am planning on moving out there from town in the next month or so but my 12 year old son with be extremely disappointed if his Xbox is lagging. We are currently on UPC in town which is excellent but as we all know it isn't available in Tramore. Would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, quality regarding Xbox live usage is more important to us
    at the moment.

Thanks

Daisy

Hi Daisy.
    I decided to go with a 2 week trial with meteor hotspot. €22 per month. I have it a week and seems to be working fine. No connection problems with the XBox. Still have Vodafone at the moment. That's 47 per month. Incl line rental. Meteor is definately line by sight significant. If your in a congested area this probably won't be good for the XBox. But you could try it for free for 2 weeks. And see how you get on. I recommend both. Meteor is much cheaper. If you want more info just reply. Hope this helps.

Advertisement