Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone recommend intruder alarm repairer

Options
  • 23-03-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I've called a few alarm repair companies. Either there is no answer or if its a call back service - you don't get one. I live in Dublin 24. So if anyone can point me in the way of a professional person who'll actually communicate with a prospective client, it would be appreciated.

I noted that a few websites are actually manifestations of the same person.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Have you checked the supplier sticky here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ado75 wrote: »
    I've called a few alarm repair companies. Either there is no answer or if its a call back service - you don't get one. I live in Dublin 24. So if anyone can point me in the way of a professional person who'll actually communicate with a prospective client, it would be appreciated.

What problem are you having with the alarm?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Like different company sites?

Like this and this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Some bad errors on that first link.

• Advertisement

Link works for me.

The link works, just some errors on the page itself.
    Missing images. ?? insted of Euro signs etc.. Not very encouraging.

Works grand in chrome.

Safari is the only one that seems to render it correctly here.
    Also found this interesting...

What happens if I don't have a telephone landline in my home?
    In this case the only way you can get burglar alarm monitoring is to use a device called a GSM dialler. Here is an example of a
    GSM dialler. This device uses the mobile phone networks to send the signal to your mobile phone or to a company central station. This means you will have to purchase a sim card from a phone shop such as O2 or Vodafone. GSM diallers are expensive depending on the type of alarm you have so please fill in our contact form to ask for more information.

No mentions of jammers? No option of radio.
    Companys really should be informing customers of the risks of GSM.
    We will not accept any new ARC connections without a disclaimer.

I would not accept a monitored alarm that uses GSM even with the disclaimer.
    Self monitoring of the system using a GSM is at the customers discretion once everything has being explained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ado75

Faulty Sensor, I think. Alarm sets but goes off after a while, same place at fault each time. I took the housing off the sensor, checked the wiring and a little bearing thing which I presume is a vibation sensor. I couldn't see anything amiss.

How many sensors are on that zone?
    Do you have a multi meter?

Faulty Sensor, I think. Alarm sets but goes off after a while, same place at fault each time. I took the housing off the sensor, checked the wiring and a little bearing thing which I presume is a vibation sensor. I couldn't see anything amiss.

If there is only one sensor on the zone then replace with a new sensor. Just take note of the wiring before you disconnect the old sensor, makes life a lot easier :D

I would always confirm a faulty device before changing anything.
    Using a meter will confirm if its any particular device or a wiring problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 smeghead0037

Hi folks, I have a verfier home alarm system, Installed in 1997, working fine up until few months ago, alarm keeps going off and error is, "Keypad tamper" i have opened the keypad and there is a little spring just under the bottom of the keypad, reset it and alarm works for another few days as normal, but again, it goes off. I have a multimeter but not sure what setting to check all the door window sensors, and i might need a new keypad, anyone know any hints/tips to maybe help me out.

Thank you for reading. :)

If it is coming up keypad tamper then that is where the fault is. Can you open the keypad and press in the spring to see if the fault clears then. Also you may need to make the spring a little bigger to close properly when the lid is closed.

Check there is nothing broken where the spring meets the lid. Also try a small bit of insulating tape on the inside of the lid where it meets the spring. That may hold it in place a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    Dont want to start a new thread for just this one question,looking for a good company in south kildare to service an old alarm and to install two CCTV cameras and install some kind of monitoring system.DIY is not a option as i am quiet useless at anything to do with DIY.
    Thanks.

Advertisement