If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Denon AVR-1912 + Speakers

Options
  • 23-03-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi RS - I don't see Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 speakers on your .ie website, although they are on the UK one. Do you sell them out of your Belfast shop?

If so, can you give me a quote for a Denon AVR-1912 and a pair of Diamond 9.0s, along with 3m of Cambridge Symphony 200 cable and banana plugs for the two speakers, the whole shebang delivered to Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Guerito,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We do stock the Wharfdale 9.0s our current price is £39.95.

Unfortunately both the speakers and amp are 'In Store Only' this means they would need to be collected here in Belfast.

The full price for the amp, speakers, cables and plugs is £334.33.

We could reserve the above for collection if that suits?

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Thanks for the response Dave. I had missed the in-store only note on the Denon :(

Won't be able to make it up to Belfast for the foreseeable, so no need to hold the gear.

Instead, what bookshelves would go well with the Onkyo TX-NR509? The room it'll be in has wooden floors and painted walls, so a bright sound. Also, I'm buying them with an eye to moving from 2.0 to 2.1 to 3.1 and onwards, so I'd need something that can form part of a set of speakers. Was looking at the JBL Control 1s but I don't see any set that they could form a part of. Advice appreciated!

Hi guerito,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The JBLs are a nice speaker, unfortunately they're not part of a 5.1 pack. If you're looking a pair of speakers to build up on check out the Cambridge Audiio S20s our current price on these is £99.95

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/cambridge-audio/s20-5.1/camb-s20-pack

You can build this pack up to get the following:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/cambridge-audio/s20-5.1/camb-s20-pack

The price for the above with the 509 and delivery would be £364.85.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Chris (sorry for calling you Dave). The S20s look good. Does that quote include the cable and plugs?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

guerito wrote: »
    Thanks for the response Dave. I had missed the in-store only note on the Denon :(

Won't be able to make it up to Belfast for the foreseeable, so no need to hold the gear.

Instead, what bookshelves would go well with the Onkyo TX-NR509? The room it'll be in has wooden floors and painted walls, so a bright sound. Also, I'm buying them with an eye to moving from 2.0 to 2.1 to 3.1 and onwards, so I'd need something that can form part of a set of speakers. Was looking at the JBL Control 1s but I don't see any set that they could form a part of. Advice appreciated!

Guerito,

Happy to bend the rules on the AVR1912 as we have a few in stock at the moment if your heart is set in this one (and it's an excellent receiver!)

The AVR1912 with the S20 would be £369.90 / €459.99 and of course you can use the Cambridge Speakers as a base to build up a full 5.1 system - the next unit I would add would be the S80 Subwoofer at £119.95 (if you wanted to buy the AVR1912 / S20 / S80 system in one go I would do them all at the discounted price of £469.95 instead of £489.85.)

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Thanks for that, I appreciate it. However, I've only been doing my research as I go along, and I hadnt realised the 1912 has no networking capability, so I'm going to go for the Onkyo TX-NR509 instead. PM sent.

Ordered the 509 at the weekend, and it arrived today. Top service, thanks guys. Now to duck out of work early and get her set up in time for the football tonight!

Cheers for the post. Glad we could help.

Who are hoping wins ?

Cheers

Dave

I was happy with the result, even if I did get home too late to hook it up to the TV! I think I'll be back in touch soon for more goodies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

guerito wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks for that, I appreciate it. However, I've only been doing my research as I go along, and I hadnt realised the 1912 has no networking capability, so I'm going to go for the Onkyo TX-NR509 instead. PM sent.

Denon AVR 1912 has network capabilities. Bought one two weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Ssshhh, I've already bought the Onkyo! Wouldn't have been able to make it up to Belfast to pick up the Denon, and anyway the Onkyo sounds great.

Postscript to this: Thanks to RS for sorting out a replacement unit so quickly when the original one died on me, and also for the flexibility with the mix-up regarding collection of the original unit. First-class service, as I've been saying loudly to anyone who'll listen. Cheers lads.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.