Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden rubbish removal

Options
  • 23-03-2012 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi folks, anyone out there know anyone who removes garden rubbish, all organic stuff, nothin else. Suit Person with trailer to bring to garden waste centre. ta.

SORTED: :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

I know I'm talking to myself here, but for anyone else in similar situation, I think this is the job. €45 from Ecostore..anyone know if available in Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I know I'm talking to myself here, but for anyone else in similar situation, I think this is the job. €45 from Ecostore..anyone know if available in Sligo?

Try NCF in Sligo they are around 26 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Didn't even think they were allowed, re the law of burning stuff in your garden. We have a load of garden waste including a failled compost bin attempt which I wouldn't mind seeing the back of.

Bang on! €26 in the boot of the car...Thanks Magnum Lady. Indeed Irish-S, what was that bye law?

I remember when the charges for taking bins away were brought in, folk were told by the Co-Co they couldnt burn their refuse...I think buring garden waste would be ok in small doses, otherwise bar-b-ques would be banned too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Bang on! €26 in the boot of the car...Thanks Magnum Lady. Indeed Irish-S, what was that bye law?

I remember when the charges for taking bins away were brought in, folk were told by the Co-Co they couldnt burn their refuse...I think buring garden waste would be ok in small doses, otherwise bar-b-ques would be banned too;)

Watch this space. It'll be the next thing on the list to be banned by the fun police.

• Advertisement

Reminds me when the bins system changed. The lads on the wagons were great, would always help out.

Then one day a crew came around with clip boards looking at all the bins. My bin was ajar at about a 45degree angle.

So yer one takes a bin bag out of my bin and puts it on the pavement. So the bin is now virtually half empty.

So I goes over and says, "what are ye at putting the bin bag there?"...

They told me that the bin lid must be fully closed and that I must move the bin bag of the pavement.

I said "I'm not, you put it there".

To which I was told I would be prosecuted under the Littering Act if I didn't move it.

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle so I moved it...had a wee kids with me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Reminds me when the bins system changed. The lads on the wagons were great, would always help out.

Then one day a crew came around with clip boards looking at all the bins. My bin was ajar at about a 45degree angle.

So yer one takes a bin bag out of my bin and puts it on the pavement. So the bin is now virtually half empty.

So I goes over and says, "what are ye at putting the bin bag there?"...

They told me that the bin lid must be fully closed and that I must move the bin bag of the pavement.

I said "I'm not, you put it there".

To which I was told I would be prosecuted under the Littering Act if I didn't move it.

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle so I moved it...had a wee kids with me too.

Not sure about the rest of the County/Country. But in London (not sure of rest of UK), bins have to be fully closed, sorted by recycling (some places also want you to sort by compost/food waste), and can't be put out before 7am, other wise wont be collected and possible fine.

:eek:

On our bin you can rarely close the lid come bin day.

Advertisement