Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja gaiden 3

Options
  • 23-03-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭

Out today anyone get it yet?

I'm a bit pissed off that I can't rent it in xtra vision since they don't have it instock (website says other wise :rolleyes:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Read a few reviews after I made the thread and they seem to all hate the game. I suppose there goes another franchise that is gone rubbish

Not sure why devs don't have the policy if it isn't broke don't fix it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

From what I've read -

Plus Point: Apparently has a
    T-Rex

WTF Point:
    The sequence where a grunt begs for his life, and you have no choice but to disembowel him

Minus Point: Everything else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure who they are targeting with this game. They've made it more casually friendly by making it piss easy. Firstly the casual player is not interested in Ninja Gaiden or it's multiplayer. Secondly, they've totally alienated their fanbase. See you in the 10 euro bargain bin in a month... I still won't buy it and I adore the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Headshot wrote: »
    Not sure why devs don't have the policy if it isn't broke don't fix it
    Itagaki_Thumbs_Up_MNT.jpg

Had this pre-ordered for ages. Was quite suspicious of the previews. Shocked by the reviews. Cancelled the hell out of it.

I think I'll wait for Devil's Third.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure who they are targeting with this game. They've made it more casually friendly by making it piss easy. Firstly the casual player is not interested in Ninja Gaiden or it's multiplayer. Secondly, they've totally alienated their fanbase. See you in the 10 euro bargain bin in a month... I still won't buy it and I adore the franchise.

Exactly my opinion. I don't know why they decided to change what was already a great formula. I'll likely pick it up cheaper in a few weeks but I'm really disappointed at what I've seen of the game :mad:

The apparent lack of weapons is astounding, NG2 was a joy with the Kasuri-gama and Vigoorian Flail and all the rest to boot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bayonetta remains unchallenged, anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Bayonetta remains unchallenged, anyway :)

i thought darksiders was better, personally

Helix wrote: »
    In terms of the combat mechanics? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Definitely Bayonetta for me. An all round great experience of playing a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeah, Bayonetta be keeping that crown, and deservedly so. Such a fantastic game.
    They're fairly different...

Odd comparison...

As far as hardcore Japanese 3D brawlers go, I'm not sure Darksiders qualifies :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure that comparison even works. You can't even compare the two. One was a third person brawler with the finest fighting mechanics since Devil May Cry 3. The other was a mish mash of zelda and god of war. Great game alright but you can't compare the two. People didn't buy Bayonetta to play a zelda clone and you don't buy Darksiders if you are interested in deep battle mechanics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

From what I've read -

Plus Point: Apparently has a
    T-Rex

And here is that 'plus' point in action. Skip to 43:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Can't believe NG has been ruined as well.

After the poorly designed and coded mediocrity that was NG2 I expected a return to form like DMC3.

A sad sign of the times that you can now button mash through a NG game.

Can't believe NG has been ruined as well.

After the poorly designed and coded mediocrity that was NG2 I expected a return to form like DMC3.

A sad sign of the times that you can now button mash through a NG game.
    What lunacy is this? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Wait, people are going to come out of the woodwork to defend NG2?

NGB was a masterpiece, NG2 was... passable at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

NG2 was excellent just a bit flawed, the only negative being the unblockable attacks enemies had but this was a flaw that tried to combat NGB biggest flaw of blocking being game breakingly powerful.

Wait, people are going to come out of the woodwork to defend NG2?

NGB was a masterpiece, NG2 was... passable at best.
    I heartily disagree. To use the DMC comparison, if NGB is DMC3 then NG1 is DMC1. NG3 would be DMC2, although from what I've read thus far that may actually be an insult to DMC2, despite...well yea, you've played it. :(

• Advertisement

I only ever rented NG2 for some reason, but I remember not liking it as much as NGB. It was good, and the combat system was inspired and hypnotic, but the game design veered too close to 'frustrating' rather than 'challenging' at times. That said, I only ever played half of it or so, although it's one of those games I've always meant to return to somewhere along the line. From what I've experienced, it's no DMC3 / Bayonetta, though (NG1 is up there). Had always thought NG2 was received lukewarmly too...

Advertisement