Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Photobook - Why haven't you colleced yours?!

• 23-03-2012 2:22pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it seems that there are quite a few people who have ordered and paid for a 2011 Boards.ie Photobook, but have not yet done anything to organize collection or delivery. As a result Cork_girl has had the trouble of storing them in her flat since last year. This is a disgrace, you cannot except Cork_girl to continue to do this.

A 30th March deadline has been set for people to get off their arses. Otherwise, it will be assumed that you no longer want your copy and so outstanding copies will be donated to charity.

See here for more details.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77738802#post77738802

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

5uspect wrote: »
    ...... and so outstanding copies will be donated to charity.
    [/url]

Or will be auctioned here for charity?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Or will be auctioned here for charity?

There are suggestions on the other thread. I like EyeBlinks suggestion:
    EyeBlinks wrote:
    Ok..

It's grossly unfair the @Cork_Girl has to hoard these books and decide what might happen them. Plus she's a nice girl too... unlike me. :)

Could someone in authority give us a ruling here. I will pick them up and bring them to Trim for the photo memorial for the great @Valentia, Danny
    O'Brien, a very well respected contributor on here. They will be sold to contribute to a charity set up by Danny shortly before he passed away, RAY Youth Café in Trim.

If people want to claim them fine, otherwise lets make good use of them and not abuse the hospitality of @Cork_Girl ?

T??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Deadline is this Friday, books will be passed on over weekend so please, get in touch to collect or arrange delivery asap!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I hope the owners don't collect them, means we'll have more books to sell for a very worthy cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

I hope the owners don't collect them, means we'll have more books to sell for a very worthy cause.

and they'll be more than welcome to buy them back ;):rolleyes::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Today is the deadline - don't come looking for books after today, I won't have them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

I'd be curious - and maybe I'm being a bit unfair? - if the uncollected books were belong to people who were regular contributors to the photo forum or if they were mainly belong to the hoards who come out of nowhere when the book is first mooted?

Edit: Just read the other thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I know, this is (almost) completely off topic but I didn't want to bring up an old thread or even start a new one.
    And I thought a bit of positivity after all the hassle that especially Cork_girl had with the distribution I post something positive from the whole 2011 photobook experince...

I manged to go to the launch, get my brilliant book plus won in the raffle:) A print by Steve @360-dpi. Originally the prize was a canvas but Steve thought my picture works better printed and framed - and I agree.

Took me a while to decide but collected it today - another of my favourite pictures from Charleville Castle 2011 (not in the book). "The white one" framed in wood with a piano finishing (pretty big and works very good).
    So finally after almost 6 years I have a picture over my mantlepiece :)
    8D6A506AA4A14870A01F6C902406E2F8-0000335714-0002797932-00500L-8F892EA0011647CE9BF5D2E47A3FAB68.jpg
    So thank you Steve for donating the prize and the again brilliant work!

And thanks again to Cork_girl, DarrenG and sNarah who to me were the main organisers to get another excellent boards photobook out on a great launch night and of course not to mention the raffle ;)

And thanks to all that didn't collect their books which now will bring in even more money next weekend :cool:

But the hassle you caused is not to be repeated!

Advertisement