Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

redundancy

• 23-03-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

company offered voluntary redundancy for x amount of staff and was subsequently oversubscribed so they introduced criteria. Prior to applying I informed them of medical health issues that would impair my future commitment to them. I was refused based on my good history and previous good performance but now several months later I am in a position where I may have to leave because of these health issues and cant do the job any more. Do I have any recourse for legal action or negotiation for being refused redundancy based on me informing of my future concerns when they were letting people go several months ago ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

You should talk to a lawyer. In cases like yours their fierce handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Zambia wrote: »
    You should talk to a lawyer. In cases like yours their fierce handy.
    *they're

OP I don't think they are obliged to offer you redundancy, you aren't committed to them even if its not your fault they don't have to give you a redundancy.

By the way I'd go to see a lawyer or more likely make enquiries with my union but I don't think you will get anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement