Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Laptop discount

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

If your college has a deal with apple you can log in as a student form that college and buy one online from the apple store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mark.herty

Thanks - who would I go to to check this? have you done this recently? Is it awkward to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

What University are you in?

Most college / uni websites if affiliated will have the tab in the IT section, that allows you to log into the Apple Education store. I know with UCD it's a 12% discount.

Cool 12%. I'll have a look now and see if i can find it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Obviously the top end discount is 12%, and on a sliding scale downward, depending on how much you spend. So an iPod for example won't carry a 12% discount, but say; a MBP would.

• Advertisement

do other products carry a discount? ipad and laptops etc?

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    What University are you in?

Most college / uni websites if affiliated will have the tab in the IT section, that allows you to log into the Apple Education store. I know with UCD it's a 12% discount.

hey just checked with the ucd site. it sends me to a another site called campus.ie. is this the right direction or have i got mixed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Apple Education Store!
    http://store.apple.com/ie-edu

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

There is a link on the Apple site to the educational store which shows the discounts on the products. So when you click store, go to the end of the page and about a third over there is the tab 'educational store'.
    You could also consider buying a refurbished product - there is a link down along the left hand column of the store page for this. I have bought two, mac book pro - now 2yrs old, and macbook air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jay.hicks

Hey i think i used the same method as the voodoo.
    It is campus.ie. they make sure u r a student by sending you through that process page. I got mine there recently. needed it for my course but a lecturer actually put me on to it. im a new user so i don;t no if im allowed place a link in the post. If I am will someone let me know and I'll stick one up for you Mark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement