Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I set up an on-line business? Looking for paperwork advice

Options
  • 23-03-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice on setting up an online business.

Despite making a website, what paper work do I need to follow to be a legitimate business?

Do I need to register it the same as I would if I was setting up a shop on the street?

I've looked into setting up a shop, but thinking a website could be a good stepping stone to see how it copes..

Any advice appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

You need to decide whether you are setting up the business as a sole trader or as a limited company. Have a look at the following link for the differences in the two:

http://www.companyformations.ie/blog/sole-trader-v-limited-company/

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

DebsWebs wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just looking for some advice on setting up an online business.

Despite making a website, what paper work do I need to follow to be a legitimate business?

Do I need to register it the same as I would if I was setting up a shop on the street?

I've looked into setting up a shop, but thinking a website could be a good stepping stone to see how it copes..

Any advice appreciated..
    Lots to consider.
    To register the business name domain you will need to register with cro, be it sole trader where you reg business name for €20 or reg as ltd company, more paperwork, initially& forever.
    You'll most likely need to register for vat with revenue.
    If you will
    be receiving payments you'll need realex/sage pay and merchant services.
    To open business bank account they will want the company number from cro.
    Ive just done all of this in last 2 months. Almost there! Hope this helps& good luck with your venture.

Advertisement