Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate per kWh

Options
  • 23-03-2012 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I used to be an ESB customer but switched over to Airtricity(big mistake) because I thought they would be cheaper.I am getting bills the likes of which I never got with ESB.I was just wondering what ESB's rate per kWh is because Airtricity are charging between 13.61 and 14.72.My bill for Jan-Mar was €140 dearer than Nov-Jan even though we have cut back significantly on our usage.I know Airtricity have a lower standing charge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi walkingblind,

Bonkers.ie is a good resource for comparing the different rates and offers available to you.

Our standing charge is not actually higher than Airtricity's; it is currently €119.85 annually for urban customers on a standard 24 hour meter. Airtricity's is €152.53 for the same category of customer.

Recently we introduced a low user standing charge, but this is unlikely to affect you unless the premise is vacant most of the time (i.e. your usage would need to be 7 times lower than average for it to apply).

The lowest unit rate we can offer is €0.1580 p/kWh; this is the effective unit price once Dual Valuesaver discounts are taken into account (14% off our standard rates).

Note that all the figures above are VAT inclusive. If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭GAFF

Hi I used to be an ESB customer but switched over to Airtricity(big mistake) because I thought they would be cheaper.I am getting bills the likes of which I never got with ESB.I was just wondering what ESB's rate per kWh is because Airtricity are charging between 13.61 and 14.72.My bill for Jan-Mar was €140 dearer than Nov-Jan even though we have cut back significantly on our usage.I know Airtricity have a lower standing charge.

I love the way Airtricity are able to tell you how good there discounted rates are but forget to mention the have a higher Standing charge. ESB etc should really highlight this in there advertising campaigns.

Advertisement