Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSE missed a virus, is it enough to just delete it?

• 23-03-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I had Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer, however I just deleted it and installed AVAST! as someone advised me to do so after I sent them a file with a virus in it that I didn't know of!

So AVAST just picked up on the virus and it says it is a baddie (bit of googling suggests it might be one that looks for long strings of digits). Anyway I got AVAST to delete it.

So two questions,

1. Is this enough (have also done a full computer scan)? Is it safe to have AVAST just delete the file or should I be doing something else?

2. Is there something else I should download to help my AVAST? Like the malwarebytes I have seen suggested here? What exactly is malwarebytes if its not an anti virus?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If your still worried set avast to do a boot-time scan.Malwarebytes,superanti spyware are anti spyware programs,it would do no harm to install one or other of them update it and run a full scan.

Advertisement