Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Android Version Upgarde.

Options
  • 23-03-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Iam thinking of buying a Galaxy Ace with Android 2.2 Can the software version be upgraded to Version 2.3 Gingerbread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Benolam wrote: »
    Iam thinking of buying a Galaxy Ace with Android 2.2 Can the software version be upgraded to Version 2.3 Gingerbread?

If you are willing

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Benolam

Tks. but it sounds scarey. Could brick it. THe guy in the shop (*****************) said it is easy. Just a routine download and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Benolam wrote: »
    Tks. but it sounds scarey. Could brick it. THe guy in the shop (*****************) said it is easy. Just a routine download and install.

u could try a phone unlocking shop, they did it for my htc. ( iwent to star mobiles)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

lads, its a piece of piss doing it they way cm explains. go for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bopeep101

Hi. I own a Galaxy Ace. Bought it about 6 months ago (not too sure what version of Android it had when I bought it though). I updated my version of Android to 2.3.5 Gingerbread.XWKSD. I done this using the Samsung Kies software which I downloaded and installed on my computer. Completely safe. Also my daughters Ace which is a few months older than mine has updated to the same version, using the same method. Hope this is of some help to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Benolam

Thanks Guys, I'll give it a go.

Advertisement