Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vomiting Bug Waterford

Options
  • 23-03-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

I've heard of so many people getting this in the past 2-3 weeks. Is it out in Ardkeen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

When Mrs Ziedth was in there a good few weeks ago it was about alright, not sure about now to be honest.

I got it(or something like it) way back in 02 without a doubt the worst 48 hour period of my life. I actually thought I was going to die. Couldn't even keep water down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I had it for 3 days and got it again 2 weeks later for a full week.... thought i was going to die!!!

a few people i work with got it too.....

Dont know about Ardkeen but theres definitly no ban at the min!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Where can I get this? I need to lose about a half stone before next weeks dance off. Running out of ideas here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

longshanks wrote: »
    Where can I get this? I need to lose about a half stone before next weeks dance off. Running out of ideas here

The things people will do :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Winter vomitting bug is more or less a myth.

• Advertisement

longshanks wrote: »

My brother lost a stone when he had it..... unfair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

My two nieces got it about 2 weeks ago. A 5 year old and a 1 and a half year old.

The two of them lost a load of weight, felt so bad for them.

Ledger wrote: »
    My two nieces got it about 2 weeks ago. A 5 year old and a 1 and a half year old.

The two of them lost a load of weight, felt so bad for them.

The poor lil things :(

The poor lil things :(

I know. But thankfully they're back to screaming the house down now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Winter vomitting bug is more or less a myth.
    your an idiot.

• Advertisement

obriea3 wrote: »
    your an idiot.

It's you're not your.

If you want to believe in all the hype and bull about health scares, then you are the idiot.

It's you're not your.

If you want to believe in all the hype and bull about health scares, then you are the idiot.

You're right. People only pretend to get sick. :rolleyes:

Ledger wrote: »
    You're right. People only pretend to get sick. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that people don't get sick. That's been happening since we've been put on this planet.

But if you want to fall for every health scam and scare going, that's you're own business.

Incidentally, people often pretend to be sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm not saying that people don't get sick. That's been happening since we've been put on this planet.

But if you want to fall for every health scam and scare going, that's you're own business.

Incidentally, people often pretend to be sick.

This is rubbish. However I do think people could do more to help themselves not get tummy bugs. Simple as washing hands - with soap - after using toilets and before eating, and after being out handling doors, hand rails etc and then handling food. There is a sensible balance between hosing everything down with dettol and never washing hands at all.

While I would not consider myself a great house cleaner - you would only have to look at my house to know that! - I am very fussy about hand washing and other forms of cross contamination. I remember being in a neighbour's house as she was tidying the kitchen. She had a cloth in her hand which wiped all round the sink, the presses, chairs, saucepans, cooker, chopping board, the lot! Then she would complain that they all had a tummy bug.

I am a teacher so I am in contact with every bug going, but I do the hand washing thing and I cannot remember having anything resembling a tummy bug myself, and certainly we never had a bug go all round the family. The only one who would get them was my son when he was small, and considered hand washing a dangerous activity.

So maybe this is anecdotal (and certainly sounds prissy), but I believe it works.

looksee wrote: »
    The only one who would get them was my son when he was small, and considered hand washing a dangerous activity.

So maybe this is anecdotal (and certainly sounds prissy), but I believe it works.

You do know that letting children get dirty during play is quite good for them, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You do know that letting children get dirty during play is quite good for them, yes?

Yes I do know, and I agree, and he did! That is why I said that you have to find the balance between excessive cleaning and no cleaning at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wsopchamp

mollyp wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've heard of so many people getting this in the past 2-3 weeks. Is it out in Ardkeen?
    I do believe there may be 1 or 2 cases restricted to just the 1 ward at the moment.You will know when it spreads because the hospital will shut to the public.A decision that is not taken lightly by hospital management and one which im sure they would not make if there was no such thing as the vomiting bug (Norovirus) ....Finbarr.
    I can tell you that it does exist and if you catch it you will know all about it ,as its not just your average dose, its more on the severe side .

Advertisement