Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your average monthly bill ?

Options
  • 23-03-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Im trying to figure out am I buying too large a package

Im looking at getting a Galaxy 2 with Tesco on the €55 a month package for 1000 mins , 1000 texts and 2gb data .

Now Ill never use that amount but the phone is free compared to 45€ a month where the phone is €219

My average bill at the moment is €50 even though im on a €30 smart plan with Meteor but when I mentioned this to other people they were shocked , they all said their average bills were €20 to €30 !!

So on average could you tell me what you spend ? Im now wondering should I just buy a Galaxy 2 and try to cut back on my bills or is my bill "normal"? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

id suggest you call your current network and ask for a breakdown of calls / sms / data used in the past 3 months including details on what network you call most etc

then you can truly judge what plan is best for you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,218 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is the internet still retarded on Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

meteor has been awful since Christmas , how bad is tescos meant to be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Their download speed is at 2Mb/s and upload is over 1Mb/s now

before was download 1.2Mb/s 0.13upload

still not amazing but the speed differance is defiantly noticable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭GIMP

jay93 wrote: »
    Their download speed is at 2Mb/s and upload is over 1Mb/s now

before was download 1.2Mb/s 0.13upload

still not amazing but the speed differance is defiantly noticable.

Speeds are better but no where near 2mb down or 1mb up, I run speed test daily and rarely get over 1.3mb down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am with 3 on their 40 Euro plan, I find it great value. My bill is never more than 45 Euro at the most! I am happy as Larry with that...

Great internet speeds, big download limit, can use my units for what I want rather than been given a set number of calls and texts as I don't text that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

15 euro on average :) meteor bill pay smart lite :)

Sometimes jumps up to 25 if I go over my internet limit. But it hasn't happened in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

cheers everyone

broke it all down and my 200 mins etc from Meteor just aint enough, I consistently went over the allowances each month

The next plan up is €50 euro a month for 400 minutes etc and the phone is €179 so I guess its off to tescos I port. Going to check out the internet service first though just to be sure.

Thanks again

Advertisement