Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - Third Striker

• 23-03-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

Its looking likely that most people for the next few weeks, and possibly til the end of the season will have both Van Persie and Rooney up front but who is your 3rd striker? Its difficult enough to pick a solid one. As mentioned in another post it is tempting to go for a team that has everything to play for such as Yakubu and Hoilett down near the relegation zone and perhaps Balotelli up at the top end. I currently have Ba but I'm having a think of getting in either Yakubu or Hoilett. Hoilett would realy free up some funds.

Who is/will be your third striker 56 votes

Balotelli
    0% 0 votes
    Cisse (NU)
    5% 3 votes
    Cisse (QPR)
    25% 14 votes
    Doyle
    1% 1 vote
    Dzeko
    1% 1 vote
    Graham
    0% 0 votes
    Hoilett
    1% 1 vote
    Jelavic
    7% 4 votes
    Long
    5% 3 votes
    Odemwingie
    0% 0 votes
    Pogrebnyak
    1% 1 vote
    Welbeck
    17% 10 votes
    Yakubu
    1% 1 vote
    Zamora
    19% 11 votes
    Other
    1% 1 vote
    Ba
    8% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I still believe in Demba Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Carlos Tevez. In a few weeks. When he's got some match practice. Pog til then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think Yakubu could be the one to have, been consistent all season. Problem with Demba Ba is that he is no longer the main goal threat for Newcastle so not everything is gonna through him and Ba reckons Cisse is a far better goal poacher than himself.

I'm backing Pog against Norwich though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think Yakubu could be the one to have, been consistent all season. Problem with Demba Ba is that he is no longer the main goal threat for Newcastle so not everything is gonna through him and Ba reckons Cisse is a far better goal poacher than himself.

I'm backing Pog against Norwich though

as somebody has said on here previously, he's been hugely unlucky recently

world class save and pen miss away from two great weeks

he'll come good

wouldn't be surprised to see him do well this weekend

You could say the same about Suarez, he's unlucky and if we were using the BP system from last year he'd be cleaning up. Ifs and buts etc.

If you asked me to pick between Ba or Cisse now, I'd be taking Cisse tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Speaking of Ba I left him out of the poll by accident. Completely overlooked him as he was in my team. My bad :rolleyes:

Yeah Im going to keep Ba for anther week or two. See if he produces anything...and see if he outscores Cisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

My 3rd striker is actually a 5th midfielder. There's no cheap striker out there now that looks like a better option than Sigurdsson, IMO.

carlcon wrote: »
    My 3rd striker is actually a 5th midfielder. There's no striker out there now that looks like a better option than Sigurdsson, IMO.

Are you sticking with a 3-5-2 for the time being?

thunderdog wrote: »
    Are you sticking with a 3-5-2 for the time being?

This week for sure. Next week it'll be hard to keep Pogrebnyak on the bench at home to Norwich.

Although I'll be going into next week with 2 free transfers, so I honestly don't know how I'll line up after this GW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Have Ba at the moment but he's prob going next week . Gonna get someone cheap and have 5 really good options in midfield .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Added Ba to the poll.

Interesting thread, I'll be keeping an eye on it, as Suarez is to go next week for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cisse for me,pretty happy

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Giving Pog another week or 2 to see if he can come good. He hasnt looked incredible by any means, but hopefully Fulham can put in a good run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Cisse is mine. Last week was his last chance as I'd had him for 3 weeks and fair play to him he came good. Nobody in my main league has him either.

dahat wrote: »
    Cisse for me,pretty happy
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Cisse is mine. Last week was his last chance as I'd had him for 3 weeks and fair play to him he came good. Nobody in my main league has him either.

Which Cisse lads :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Which Cisse lads :o

The Geordie one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Suarez is mine (he probably should be in the poll too). Not happy with him but there's much better value in midfield than there is in attack. The Yak would be my only other alternative.

the papa cisse bandwagon has started today but i wont be joining until after the pog v norwich game

I think I might jump on the Cisse bandwagon. A straight swap from Ba -> Cisse

Ba was playing on the left with Cisse in the middle for most of the first half. Towards the end of the half, they switched. Ba could come out as the focal point in the second half, making Cisse less of a threat. Ba has possibly been the best "player" on the pitch. It's really not an easy call between the two, even though the stats are very much in Cisse's favour right now.

• Advertisement

I think I might jump on the Cisse bandwagon. A straight swap from Ba -> Cisse

Unless Ba grabs a goal or two in the second half!

cisse looks in a bad way

cisse looks in a bad way

Not watching the game...is he injured??

Not watching the game...is he injured??

Injured enough to maybe hold off on any snap-decision transfers. Worth waiting for some news later today or during the week.

Yeah think I will. No doubt Cisse will sky rocket in price over the next few days but happy enough to keep Ba til Cisse's injury is confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

They said in the commentary that all Cisse had was cramp in both calves. He should be alright for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

No Suarez in the poll but Long and Doyle are in there?

roryc wrote: »
    No Suarez in the poll but Long and Doyle are in there?

Yeah I was more thinking of < 9m players. That's why I didn't put Adebayor on either. One of the mods can put them on the list if they want. Failing that just click on "other"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Tonight's performance convinced me to go for Jelavic. 3 goals in 4 starts, Everton in good form with decent fixtures and only 5.9. FA Cup rotation is the only potential drawback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Tonight's performance convinced me to go for Jelavic. 3 goals in 4 starts, Everton in good form with decent fixtures and only 5.9. FA Cup rotation is the only potential drawback.

That's what I thought too, but you can never guess what team Moyes will pick. Expect Fellaini to be put in before him some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

That's what I thought too, but you can never guess what team Moyes will pick. Expect Fellaini to be put in before him some day.

He does seem to be a big fan of Jelavic's though. Importantly he works hard so he fits into the side and the Moyes template in a way that someone like Drenthe does not. He also spent a significant amount of money on him given Everton's tight budget which I think means he will be the man in Moyes' eyes until the end of the season.

Anyway the FA Cup doesn't come into the equation until GW34 and given the fixtures they have in those few weeks (Stoke and United away) I could easily bench him. The only game I'm worried about is the Sunderland game 5 days prior to the semi-final and just 2 days after the Norwich game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Holt, I know he's banned but I doubt i'll be transferring him out this season. Will stick with 3-5-2 for the remaining games.

Is it now the case that Cisse should be up there with Rooney and VP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Danny Graham is mine for now, he frees up funds to invest elsewhere and Swansea have some nice fixtures. I'm hoping he ends his goal drought, starting with Newcastle today

I've had no luck at all with 3rd strikers (or any strikers for that matter) since Ba left for the ACN. So for that reason, Siggy is probably going to be my permanent 3rd striker for most of the season.

I had to get rid of Pogrebnyak who was hemorrhaging value, so in comes Hoillet to warm my bench and play on rainy days. At least until GW36, anyway.

I would have gone for Graham myself, had I not already had 3 Swansea players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement