Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miami Dolphins Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Our Defense was on its game tonight. No score in 2nd half be worrying. We tend to go in and out of games offensively.

Still a very welcome win and bit of momentum that we needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SupraSonic26

Yup what a game for our defense and special teams, our offence wasnt great tho but grants return for 88 yards that guy has some pace.

Tua did ok it was his first game and least he got his first td which was a great throw, he will grow with confidence, the cardinals game will be alot tougher but you never know after seeing what our d did to the rams offense.

This is the type of game we lost all day in seasons past. Huge win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Big win. Thought Tua looked very comfortable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Our kicker and punter are excellent. Our defense was challenged today but our offense stood up. The young running back from the practice squad looks a good option. We are looking light at wide receiver and running back though- good that we have a lot of versatile players. Also I know Chan Gailey has been getting a lot of criticism as a conservative play-caller and a dinosaur, a lot of that is unfair. The offense scored a lot of points yesterday against a decent defense so credit where it's due Chan.

• Advertisement

5 in a row!!!

I used to be thrilled if we got 2 before :pac:

Tua was on song tonight

Supporting this team for the past 15 years has made been a bit of a pessimist but our next three games are against the broncos, Jets and Bengals. Three incredibly winnable games before we meet the Chiefs in week 14. Win those three games and a playoff berth would nearly be locked up

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Supporting this team for the past 15 years has made been a bit of a pessimist but our next three games are against the broncos, Jets and Bengals. Three incredibly winnable games before we meet the Chiefs in week 14. Win those three games and a playoff berth would nearly be locked up

agreed and they are winnable the way or D is playing plus if van ginkel is back for us, icing n the cake would be beating the pats to stop them even getting a chance of the playoffs lol.

And we were brought back down to earth a little yesterday. Had bad feeling going into it.

In saying that it looked like Broncos had it all and we still were only within 1 possession game.

But surely we can go on and beat the Jets now. Although no better team to hand a first W to the opposition than us.

But I'm remaining positive but our offense has to deliver a bit more.

From what I can gather Tua is ok too

our offense still isn't good enough, we may end up with a wildcard game at best which would be a pretty good achievement but we are still a bit off the real contenders

• Advertisement

the broncos game was a wake up call for up we need learn from it and push on, we cant slip up against the jets and bengals win them and we put ourselves in a good position for wildcard spot.

not a bad win against the jets ill take it, hopefully fitz can do his magic against the bengals sunday, howard leading the way in interceptions aswell which is sweet!

Offense still worries me.

Was good to get back to winning ways and a win on sunday would be 7 wins in 8 which none of us would have thought at start of season.

I still think we need find a way to get that extra 5-10 points per game to live up to next level. If our Defense has off day we are in big trouble.

In saying that delighted with season so far otherwise cant complain.

Last time I got ahead of myself we were brought back down to earth but if we can't beat the Burrowless Bengals than we should really pack it in.

Not confident about tonight unless the Offense shows up. Tonight will tell us a lot about where we stand. If we can get close I be very happy.

We caused KC issues and ruffled mahomes with those interceptions think was 3 in total no other team has done that, we have a scary D it our O that we need to polish but was a great game i called it would be close, tua did well plus we were missing van hoy i think and few others i think if we had a full team we could have beat them.

I would agree with the above, plus I would add the fact that the team fought hard till end. When we went 30-10 down the old Dolphins would have collapsed.

We came back and made a game of it even if odds were high to get the win.

3 huge games coming up now. It wont be easy by any stretch. The Raiders game is a must win whatever else.

our offense which is average even with all our starters fit basically played the second half with a bunch of second and third choice players and still fought hard to the end.

We can't afford to carry so many injuries on offense particularly if we want to make the play-offs. The Las Vegas game could turn out to be a play-off game to get a wildcard spot.

Boom!!
    Always great day when we beat them

Ending their playoff (albeit faint) hopes as well :D

• Advertisement

great win and icing was knocking the pats playoff dreams out too delighted, 2 games left beat the raiders and i think me might make it!

will bills go strong against us or will they rest players?

I think we have a good chance of beating raiders but the bills are on a great run and if they are at full strength it will be very tough. I think we will need to win both of our remaining games to get into post-season.

:D

Big ask Sunday. As much as I want us to do it I think we will just come up short.

No matter what it’s been a fantastic optimistic season with the future looking bright for a change.

Hopefully the Bills have a eye on Playoffs.

Very disappointing end to a season that had been going so well

Defense decided to have its worst game in most important game

Receiving unit just not good enough, we have no depth there

And grave doubts about Tua. Yes Chan Gailey is a conservative play-caller and yes the receivers are not very good but in spite of both of those points he has not justified the hype or even looked to have enough potential to get excited about. Also the conservative play-calling could be down to the fact that the coaches just don't feel he has the weapons to trouble teams. Very disheartening all told, looks like another draft bust to me but we are probably going to waste another year hoping he shows something.

Can't argue with the above. We badly need 2 WR too that at least can catch the ball.

I can forgive the defense as 2 TD alone were fault of Tua. I agree about Tua, starting to have doubts too. Last night was a disaster from start to finish.

The optimistic part of me hopes that this is a wake up call for franchise and that it hopefully we try rectify the questions that need answering.

Still a good season and I enjoyed it but I just hope it's the start of the upward curve and it does not come crashing down again next season

Ya gutted we missed out on the playoffs, flores has some deciding to do, we badly need 2 WRs, im willing to give tua a bit more time like say the first 4 games of next season then see but at what cost.

It's a huge decision on Tua. Once he leaves he probably be as good as Tannehill like they usually do when leave us.

We have 3rd pick in draft and that will be very interesting to see where we play that.

In saying that our squad is very young and plenty room for optimistic thinking but I really hope the Bills defeat will turn out be blessing and showing us we need to reinvest too in key parts.

Onwards hopefully.

• Advertisement

saw that, you wonder who flores will get in to replace him

Advertisement