Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish drugs 'mule' dies in Venezuela after condoms full of cocaine burst

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is very whelming news. Not underwhelming or overwhelming, just.... nicely whelming.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

What a fool. I did not think that there were people that still tried to smuggle using this method. I wonder how crazy he got before the overdose kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Jesus the lads got arrested in Venezuela! Big step up is right! I'd nearly rather be 'Butch' than them tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Should have went for 'extra safe'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

What a foolish way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

gustafo wrote: »
    ...Ohh dear god will these clowns ever learn
    Sadly no.
    Money and its influence will see to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

What a way to go, out on a high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Heard this on the news today,It's hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for him. He was stupid but he is not the first nor will he be the last to do it. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

there's another episode sorted for banged up abroad in a few years time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Biggins wrote: »
    Money and its influence will see to that.

Money, its influence ... and drug prohibition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"Ripped for your pleasure"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Jesus wept,if this lad was caught at Dublin Airport you all would have called him a scumbag,the lowest of the low etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

More of an Ass than a Mule. . .IMO. . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

You would think in this day and age the drug dealers would have the technique perfected in this day and age.

Although being a gringo they probably didn't give a fcuk for his well being once they got his money.

You play with fire, you get burnt.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ok so the condom burst............. Is he now pregnant??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I dont know, but he wasnt expecting that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Surely it would be safer to put the coke into the condoms and just hide them in your suitcase. They'd never think of looking there. And if they burst you wouldn't die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Jesus wept,if this lad was caught at Dublin Airport you all would have called him a scumbag,the lowest of the low etc etc.

He is the lowest of the low.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

frag420 wrote: »
    Ok so the condom burst............. Is he now pregnant??

For his stupidity - the only thing he's now expecting, is to be put in a grave, having upset his family!

• Advertisement

The lads must have called an ambulance. Probably very harsh......but that was a bad call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Cocaines a helluva drug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

He tried to make some quick cash. Tough one. Shouldn't be working for drug cartels, nasty business.
    At the same time I imagine that it wasn't the worst way to go. Co-Co-Co-Co-Co-Co-caine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Shryke wrote: »
    He tried to make some quick cash. Tough one. Shouldn't be working for drug cartels, nasty business.
    At the same time I imagine that it wasn't the worst way to go. Co-Co-Co-Co-Co-Co-caine.
    We could all do with some quick cash, its inexcusable.

I feel sorry for his family though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Looks like my religion teacher was right- condoms aren't guaranteed protection. He should have stayed at home and said his prayers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

ebixa82 wrote: »
    You would think in this day and age the drug dealers would have the technique perfected in this day and age.

Although being a gringo they probably didn't give a fcuk for his well being once they got his money.

You play with fire, you get burnt.

RIP

They do have it perfected - get some other mug to carry the drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

They do have it perfected - get some other mug to carry the drugs.

Nah - you just need to pay off the right people. Either get it classified as 'safe for consumption' like caffeine (of which, most of the country is physically addicted to) or 'medical in nature' like any of the countless mood-altering drugs you can get for being 'sad' or 'tired' from your doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

no doubt through greed,he knowingly gambled with his own life and lost, the only thing have got pity for is how he went; it wont have been an easy way out at all; people think because its cocaine he will have got some experience off it-unfortunately not; for him,not nice at all from what have seen of those drugs smuggling programmes.
    its all rather different to the drugs mules from third world countries who commonly do so through sheer desperation.

Scruffles wrote: »
    no doubt through greed,he knowingly gambled with his own life and lost, the only thing have got pity for is how he went; it wont have been an easy way out at all; people think because its cocaine he will have got some experience off it-unfortunately not; for him,not nice at all from what have seen of those drugs smuggling programmes.
    its all rather different to the drugs mules from third world countries who commonly do so through sheer desperation.

True, but if it puts others off, he won't have died in vain ;)

Well he will, but still!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Murdered by Eamon Dunphy, Gerry Ryan and all the other cokehead Scum
    in Ireland , well done , you sick habit has consquences.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

0:54-1:00 Sums up my thoughts on the subject.

How could Gerry Ryan have killed him?? Are you ok??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Lol

I'd generally have a bit more sympathy for the stone-broke backpacker who finds himself needing money and doing a trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

hondasam wrote: »
    Heard this on the news today,It's hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for him. He was stupid but he is not the first nor will he be the last to do it. RIP.

Why feel sorry for him? He was part of a crime family in Sligo that's responsible for distributing cocaine throughout the North West. He died because he was stupid enough to put a condom full of Cocaine in his stomach. On top of that, we don't even know what this guy was like only that he's a criminal, he could have been a cold hearted murderer for all we know as well. So yeah, I think i'll reserve my sympathy for him tbh.

• Advertisement

Were you one of his customers? Ground up some valium and snort that there for yourself!

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Why feel sorry for him? He was part of a crime family in Sligo that's responsible for distributing cocaine throughout the North West. He died because he was stupid enough to put a condom full of Cocaine in his stomach. On top of that, we don't even know what this guy was like only that he's a criminal, he could have been a cold hearted murderer for all we know as well. So yeah, I think i'll reserve my sympathy for him tbh.

I am well aware of who he was and what he was, felling a little bit of sympathy does not mean I condone what he was doing because I don't.
    When I heard it I just thought poor idiot he thought it would never happen to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I have taken cocaine several times at parties when I was younger so I don't really have a right to judge this bloke. I'm sure there are others here who have had a sniff in the past and didn't think about how it got from South America to their nose. I just think he was very stupid but I am not glad to see another human die such a horrible death.

I have taken cocaine several times at parties when I was younger so I don't really have a right to judge this bloke. I'm sure there are others here who have had a sniff in the past and didn't think about how it got from South America to their nose. I just think he was very stupid but I am not glad to see another human die such a horrible death.

This is a very good point problemchimp, people who take drugs don't see themselves as bad as the ones who sell them, without a buyer there would be no need for a seller.

Riddle101 wrote: »

I think you'll find a lot people have no issue with that... It's what they have to do to get around the law that people don't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I can't feel any sympaty for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I would just make a bunch of gps-guided model boats to smuggle drugs. Something about the size of a jetski, fully sealed and with some solar panels on the deck. Let the currents do as much of the work as possible.

Won't be quick but it'll get there eventually and a lot of the parts would be off the shelf. Something like an iPhone would have most of the sensors it needs, plus processor for the AI, and very low power consumption. Then when it reaches the coast it 'phones home' to tell you it's co-ordinates.

I would just make a bunch of gps-guided model boats to smuggle drugs. Something about the size of a jetski, fully sealed and with some solar panels on the deck. Let the currents do as much of the work as possible.

Won't be quick but it'll get there eventually and a lot of the parts would be off the shelf. Something like an iPhone would have most of the sensors it needs, plus processor for the AI, and very low power consumption. Then when it reaches the coast it 'phones home' to tell you it's co-ordinates.

Pm sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Where there's demand, there's dealers.

Honestly, it's a painful death, but he should have known about it. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

pun intentional?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

I'd generally have a bit more sympathy for the stone-broke backpacker who finds himself needing money and doing a trip.

I hate those people more than the criminals.

At least criminals are honest in that regard that they're criminals rather than letting on be otherwise

Rather than some hiney hole girl was on "banged up abroad" like she was some innocent -

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

What a fool. I did not think that there were people that still tried to smuggle using this method. I wonder how crazy he got before the overdose kicked in.

Of course they do, the fact is that if you are smuggling in this way then you are at the bottom of the barrel and most likely owe somebody either money or favours.

Goddamn hippie coke heads.

Solar panels me balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Poor stupid sod.

Sad tho for anyone to die like this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I am well aware of who he was and what he was, felling a little bit of sympathy does not mean I condone what he was doing because I don't.
    When I heard it I just thought poor idiot he thought it would never happen to him.

Didn't say you were condoing it, I was saying that the guy is responsible for his own death for being an idiot. In regards to the other part, I was highlighting that being a criminal dosen't make it any more sympatising considering the life he leads.

I think you'll find a lot people have no issue with that... It's what they have to do to get around the law that people don't like.

Well drugs are drugs are the end of the day. Whatever way they're brought into the country, is only part of the problem for me. It's the distribution of them throughout the North West that makes me unhappy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

In the paper it said that another 2 people from Athlone were caught and would be going to Jail in Venezuela, after watching Banged up Abroad in Venezuela they are going to have a tough time but following the saying" do the crime and do the time".

• Advertisement
Advertisement