Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marlay Park 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

think it could also be the fact they played twice in the space of a year, so demand wouldn't have been as big, you factor in it's been 3 years now,

Kids who where 15 are now 18 a new audience for them,

DJ has just let the cat out of the bag about a band playing marlay,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ain't gonna happen, and I really hope your takin the piss about wantinga Loutallica gig

I'm not. Interesting stuff. Would love to hear it in Vicar St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

allanb49 wrote: »
    DJ has just let the cat out of the bag about a band playing marlay,

......and that would be ????

Foos,

Sorry :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Foos,

Snooooooooooooooooooore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Foos,

Awesome, I am going to Belfast, but would probably go along to this to, amazing live band

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jimmy_presley

Megadeth are in Europe aswell, would love to see a Metallica / Megadeth gig in Marley.

Well......not specifically in Marley as i think it sucks sound wise but it get over that. The 2008 Metallica gig had the sh**ist sound i have ever heard at a concert and even James was getting pi**ed off with it during the show if anyone cared to notice. I didnt go to 2009 but id probably go this year should they turn up even though i almost felt personally insulted having listened to that Lou Reed...........*ahem* musical effort.

They havent played indoors in a LONG time here and ideally id like to see them in the o2, they were unreal the last time they played the Point, think it was 1998? Great show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foos,

Really? Delighted :D:D:D:D Still goin to the T-Vital gig . 2 Foo shows in August:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

David Guetta, Benny Benassi, Example and Rizzle Kicks to play Marlay park on August 24th, tickets go on sale April 4th:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

airbusa320 wrote: »
    David Guetta, Benny Benassi, Example and Rizzle Kicks to play Marlay park on August 24th, tickets go on sale April 4th:)

Well that's not a Foos gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Nal wrote: »
    Lets hope so!

Would've loved to see them with Lou Reed myself!

I actually think Lulu is entertaining its so unprecedently bad.

I laugh when I hear that record, people need to understand this thing was intended to be a troll album.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

karaokeman wrote: »
    I actually think Lulu is entertaining its so unprecedently bad.

I laugh when I hear that record, people need to understand this thing was intended to be a troll album.

It was intended to be different, challenging and interesting. And it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

jim carroll said up to 9 gigs have been applied for marlay park this year?

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/03/29/david-guetta-latest-headliner-to-entertain-the-marlay-park-ducks/

wonder who else will be announced??

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Radiohead wouldn't surprise me. They're doing festivals and outdoor shows during the Summer. Would rather they came here on their Arena tour in the Autumn, but could see either happening.

I think Blur might be quite likely, either. Again, they're doing Hyde Park and some festivals in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

So Van Morrison and Guetta confirmed.

Potential headliners then maybe,
    Foo's
    Kasabian (either here of Pheonix Park i'd say they are a cert)
    Paramore (bleh but playing Reading and Leeds so given their obsessive fan base over here they could be in with a shout)
    Green Day (hoping for this myself given recent announcements)
    Rihanna (or some other similar pop sh*te)

Nice variety of acts there but I could be wrong, just me speculating of course. I'd love to see Biffy Clyro in a support capacity somewhere too

Actually if the capacity is 22,000 then it would be perfect for Kasabian , PP would be too big for them imo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So Van Morrison and Guetta confirmed.

Potential headliners then maybe,
    Foo's
    Kasabian (either here of Pheonix Park i'd say they are a cert)
    Paramore (bleh but playing Reading and Leeds so given their obsessive fan base over here they could be in with a shout)
    Green Day (hoping for this myself given recent announcements)
    Rihanna (or some other similar pop sh*te)

Nice variety of acts there but I could be wrong, just me speculating of course. I'd love to see Biffy Clyro in a support capacity somewhere too

Foos will play, Kasabian could do it, Paramore wouldn't sell near enough, Green Day could do it, and then yeah, any major pop act.

Mainly just want Foo's announced, hopefully with Tenacious D and Eagles of Death Metal.

Mushy wrote: »
    Mainly just want Foo's announced, hopefully with Tenacious D and Eagles of Death Metal.

Bit of QOTSA under Foo's wouldn't go amiss either :P

• Advertisement

Bit of QOTSA under Foo's wouldn't go amiss either :P

Pity that won't happen, althugh did read their new album is out this year, and its working title is ultraviolet robots.

Mushy wrote: »
    Pity that won't happen, althugh did read their new album is out this year, and its working title is ultraviolet robots.
    Where did you hear that? I would have a very excited girlfriend that would be delighted with any news on the new QOTSA album!

Where did you hear that? I would have a very excited girlfriend that would be delighted with any news on the new QOTSA album!

Joey mentioned it in a German drumming magazine. So should be this year.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4962/artikelz.jpg

Foo Fighters/Green Day announced by MCD,

August 22nd and 23rd

Foo Fighters 22nd - Support from QOTSA, Eagles of Death Metal and Tenacious D

Green Day 23rd - Support from - The Offspring, Jimmy Eat World, Flogging Molly

www.mcd.ie/event-010412

August 22nd and 23rd

www.mcd.ie/event-010412
    Happy april fools day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

August 22nd and 23rd

www.mcd.ie/event-010412

I just came.
    Both for me!
    And drunk me just realised the date. Allan Im gonna stab you -_-

August 22nd and 23rd

www.mcd.ie/event-010412

Awaits for people to check this tomorrow and go crazy ha

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

August 22nd and 23rd

www.mcd.ie/event-010412
    Ugh Got My Hopes up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Indigo55

Happy april fools day :)

I was very close to spitting out my water!! I thought I had successfully escaped being pranked :P Jimmy Eat World would make my summer. The Offspring would be the cherry on top.

• Advertisement

for me, i consider that a victory you where had

:D

Advertisement