Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gym in city centre ?

Options
  • 23-03-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a gym near Camden Street. I've heard the one over Fresh isn't great. Any other recommendations? Cost is a major factor and not too pushed on a pool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Raw in St Richmond St is great, been a member of the one over fresh (fitness dock) but much prefer Raw, facilities are good, staff excellent.

think its about 399 per year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Raw in St Richmond St is great, been a member of the one over fresh (fitness dock) but much prefer Raw, facilities are good, staff excellent.

think its about 399 per year

Good for newcomers? Never been in a gym before and have no idea how to use the equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ckelly2012

I've heard Hercules us good, not sure about price though.
    And guys do any of you know of any good gyms that have some proper weightlifting equip. like platforms, bumper weights etc.. I know theres the likes of crosscut but I have my s&c programmes I need to follow so I'm looking for somewhere that have some more advanced equip. but where I can still train on my programmes.
    Anywhere in city centre or north Dublin would be great use to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Tusky wrote: »
    Good for newcomers? Never been in a gym before and have no idea how to use the equipment.

A lot of gyms would give you an initial fitness assessment with your membership, where they gague your fitness goals and what you want to achieve. They'd also explain how the machines and equipment work. The last thing that they want is for you to injure yourself (or someone else) and sue them.

Advertisement