Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges for domestic elecronic money transfer

Options
  • 23-03-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

My lump sum deposit matured recently so I had a look around for the best rate and decided to transfer it from BOI to TSB. So I closed my existing BOI deposit account transferring the contents to my BOI current account. I then asked BOI to make an electronic transfer from the current account to the new TSB account. A few days later I got a statement from BOI saying they had charged me €37 for the transfer. When I phoned them they couldn't explain it other than to say the transfer was showing up as an International Transfer (Interpay) and that was why the fee was charged but they would look into it further. Anyone know why a domestic transfer would have been executed via Interpay? The crazy thing is the schedule of fees for my current account states explicitly that credit transfers out incur no fee and had I known about the fee I would simply have asked for a Draft for €2.40.

So can anyone shed any light on this ? How are domestic transfers between banks normally executed ? Is interpay always used?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Advertisement